“Cosmopolitan stepped up their game”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cosmopolitan Restaurant - CLOSED

Cosmopolitan Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hamilton Blvd
Description: Located in Allentown's downtown, across from Allentown Symphony Hall.
Allentown Pa
“Cosmopolitan stepped up their game”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I ate here some time ago and things have changed for the better. The ambiance is city hip, reminding me of a Steven Starr kind of place. Service was really professional and attentive from the moment we walked in the door to when we left. The food was tasty. I started with gnocchi and had the short ribs, my wife had grouper. Everything was really good. My wife loved her $5 Martini. This was a nice experience and we are glad we gave them another shot. We will return and are happy to see this place doing well.

• Visited April 2013

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“A Touch of New York City in the Lehigh Valley”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

"The Cosmo" is an elegant restaurant located in downtown Allentown. The decor is exquisite, right down to the old crystal chandelier from the original Hess's Store in Allentown. The entire staff from the valet parking attendants to the busboys were very courteous and friendly. Although the prices were a little high for a limited menu on Valentine's Day weekend, the food was excellent and prepared to perfection. Presentation was superb. Special kudos for the arugula lobster salad and the strawberry pie made according to the original recipe from the Hess's Patio Restaurant. A little too pricey for an everyday meal, but we will definitely be back for future special occaisions.

1 Thank Randall A
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Valentines Day Treat”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a very enjoyable experience on Valentines Day. The service, food were exceptional the prices were jacked up a bit for the evening with a set menu, and I was very apprehensive at first, but it was great meal. All women were given a red rose for the occasion. I look forward to going back and enjoying the outside patio and happy hours look like they would be fun too.

1 Thank Clo4yanks
Barto, Pennsylvania
“Worth it!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stopped in for lunch on Thursday. The decor is very elegant and a throwback to the old days. The lunch menu items run about $9-12 which is a little more expensive than some restaurants for lunch but I will say our food was definitely worth it. I ordered the shaved rib-eye sandwhich with a side of shaved vegetables. The meat in the sandwhich was not fatty and cut perfectly. I have not had a french dip that perfect in a long time. The service was spot on and very friendly. We didn't wait extra long for anything. One of the specials this month and next is their version of Hess's strawberry pie for dessert. It tasted just like the original and was served on reproduction Hess's plates. I would definitely go back for that sandwhich many more times.

Whitehall, Pennsylvania
“Sal's Spaghetti Night”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First I would like to say that all of the staff, from the manager, waiter, front end, and the valets were terrific, couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. Next I need to add that I had reservations for 6:30 and didn't get our meal until after 8:00, and all we ordered was the special, spaghetti with meatballs and sausage, and the meal wasn't anything I would write home to Mom about, pretty bland. The manager did comp us a round of drinks though for our trouble but I missed lunch and by this time i was getting a bit tipsy and didn't really want more alcohol.
Also the rest room, which is on the 2nd floor, was out of towels not once but twice. The first time I told the staff about this I was given napkins, well OK, the next time I was told they didn't have any more towels. I know this is a pretty upscale place but come on, how about a roll of paper towels if you run out of the product you normally use. What does the staff use? Not impressed!

2 Thank AKWTravelers