“Consistently good, breakfast included”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is the third or fourth time we have stayed at this hotel. Check in was easy, staff was pleasant and helpful. Even during the breakfast there were some staff members checking on how things were going. The beds were comfortable, the lighting in the room good, and it was easy to control the temperature of the room. There was even a ceiling fan over the bed. My daughter used the gym and said it was fine. Our only minor issue was that there was no place in the bathroom to plug in a nightlight, only outside of the bathroom at the sink. Other than that, I have no complaints. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kfspins
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel... We truly appreciate you staying with us. We constantly strive to make every stay a memorable one. I did look into your only concern regarding the outlet in the bathroom and due to new building codes in the area, they are not permitted in the bathroom itself. Since the hotel is only two years old we fall under the new codes.. No worries though you will find one right outside the bathroom door. We look forward to seeing you again soon… Happy travels!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We reserved via an internet deal on the Hilton website at a fantastic price. Customer service was really great here, though it may have been because we reserved with a wedding party. They picked us up from the bus station and even let us check in early (but didn't give us a ride back to the bus station). The staff member who picked us up was very friendly and interesting and made me remember how much I love PA accents ("how long are youse guys here?")! The room was really nice-- roomy, comfortable, spacious, and homey.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sys03
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Sys03,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel... We appreciate you staying with us while attending such a special event. It comes natural to all of our Homewood Suites Associates to be attentive to our guest needs and it is always our pleasure to assist. Keep an eye on the Hilton Website for more great deals when returning...

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The staff were so friendly and helpful I had to comment on this! Clean place, Nice business center , gym, and pool on first floor. Great breakfast each day with real hot food. Weekday evenings dinner is also served.

My teenage daughter was recuperating from a surgery while we stayed there and they were so helpful and nice. The hotel room was clean and comfortable with a great little kitchen too.

I recommend this hotel highly. It is clean, accessible, has lots of parking, but most of all because it has a really nice group of staff members running it. You will like this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank therese36
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to assist our guest during their stays. We hope your daughter made a full recovery and hope you will visit us again soon..

Happy Travels

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I wanted to get a way for a night and I was thinking of staying at the casino down the road, then I noticed the Homewood Suites in Allentown-West and was a little unsure where I wanted to stay. I called the Homewood Suites and had the pleasure of speaking with Mike. I told him what I was thinking of and he said while the casino is a great place, they really can't match the quality of the Homewood Suites in Allentown-West. First let me say without a doubt Mike was the nicest, friendliest and most customer focused person I have ever spoken with on the phone. As soon as I hung on the phone I knew where I wanted to stay I went on line and made reservations. Mike offer to transfer me to his reservation department, but I like making my reservations online.I arrived at the hotel on Thursday June 14th, and was warmly welcomed, I don't remember the employees name, but she was super nice and customer focused. While she was registering me there was a male employee at the desk trying to fix the printer, another guest came to the desk and asked about the cookies they put out, he was so nice to the customer he said he will bake them and put them out as soon as possible (wish I went back for one) :) This same employee was working during the welcome home dinner and I observed him always being friendly to the customers, I even heard him ask one of the customers if there was anything he could add to the chicken that was being served to make it better. WOW. The next morning the breakfast was very good. Eggs, hash browns, sausage, muffins, cereal, fruit and more. I also observed the young lady at the breakfast in the morning always asking people how they are doing, telling them to have a great day, I even heard her ask one guest if they had a good night's sleep! WOW WOW WOW I have never stayed at a more customer friendly hotel ever. I have stayed at many Homewood Suites but I really felt like I was home here, and that they really appreciated the customer and really cared how the customer was doing.

Getting to the room it was super clean, everything in working condition and super comfy and quite. I used the gym which was great, I didn't use the indoor pool but it was right next to the exercise room, I walked in and it looked very clean and really nice. This is a really large Homewood Suites and I didn't see one thing out of place, when I walked around the outside of the buliding in the evening I noticed the grounds were very nice and well maintained.

When I was checking out in the morning I had the pleasure to meet Mike and told him I was the one that called about staying at the casino. I told him how happy I was with his help, the staff and the hotel. He said he hoped this will be one of many visits to the Homewood Suites in Allentown-West, well all I can say is I'll be back Mike and many times, please pass along my thanks and thoughts to the staff and keep up the great work!

Oh - and next time I'm getting one of those cookies :)

Thanks Marty

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NJtraveler1412
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review of our hotel... I apologize for not responding sooner.. We truly appreciate you staying with us during your visit to Allentown and hope you enjoyed the Casino. We are conveniently located to lots of attractions throughout the area which makes us the perfect location to stay while visiting the area. Mike is the General Manager of the hotel and loves to assist behind the front desk whenever possible, so he has the chance to meet and greet our guest. It sounds like you loved our Breakfast, please visit us Monday thru Thursday evenings and enjoy our complimentary Welcome Home Dinner Buffet served from 5:30-7:30 which is just as delicious as our Suite Start Breakfast Buffet.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend (May 18-20, 2012), as we had planned to go to the Sands casino. I had my doubts about it when I looked at the location on Google Maps, but when we finally arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. Lobby is gorgeous and our room was excellent!! Kitchen with large refrigerator, dishwasher, cabinets and drawers stocked with pots, pans, glasses, plates and silverware and cutlery and serving utensils. Would definitely stay here again, we liked it so much. Halfway home, I realized that I had left a shirt in the closet. I called the hotel and the woman had housekeeping check for it in the room. She called me about 45 minutes later to tell me they had found it. They are sending it back to me via UPS...on my dollar, but I don't mind.

Room Tip: King Bedroom Suite is a good choice
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorie N
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Homewood Suites by Hilton-Allentown West is very conveniently located to many attractions throughout the Allentown-Bethlehem area and only 5 minutes from Dorney Park. We are just a short drive from New York and New Jersey which makes us a great hotel to visit for a weekend get-a-way. We are an All-Suites hotel with large rooms and kitchenettes. Our Two Bedroom Suites can accommodate families of up to 8. I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary “Suite Start” Breakfast Buffet before heading home? Join us Monday thru Thursday (5:30-7:30) for our complimentary, “Welcome Home” Dinner Buffet which includes beer and wine…. I followed up on your item you left behind, it was shipped on Monday. We look forward to you returning to our hotel… Thanks again.

Happy Travels.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Our room wasn't serviced for two days and when I complained at the front desk it was serviced on the third day, but they still didn't stock it properly and left a dirty wash cloth in the shower. Plates in the food area had a dirt film on them and the coffee served is too weak. The owner should consider firing the entire management who is letting things slide into the unacceptable. On the positive side is that the rooms and beds are nice and the food is tasty. But that could go downhill fast, too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank linuxlund
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have taken every step to assure that, when our hotel team is made aware of any challenge or concerns that a guest rarely experience, immediate action is taken to ensure our guest complete satisfaction with their stay. Every concern is addressed, responded to and corrected. Guest staying at Our Homewood Suites will continue to enjoy a comfortable stay and our delicious, Daily, Complimentary, "Suite Start" Breakfast Buffet and "Welcome Home" Dinner Buffet (M-Thur)

Thank you... Happy Travels!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night and was very happy with the front desk service. The young man at the reception were very helpful when I needed a taxi, and offered immediate assistance when it was asked. The staff was also very patient and kind when I drunkenly bumped a bottle of steak sauce in the gift shop and made a gross mess at 1 in the morning. The staff was probably too nice to me. The room and building in general are maintained very well, the free breakfast was great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GWARnachos
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel....

Spilling some steak sauce..... No worries... We want to assure you had a GREAT stay.. Steak sauce can be replaced... Guest who had challenges cannot.. We strive to make sure every guest has a exceptional experiene. The Homewood Suites by Hilton offers a Complimentary HOT Breakfast buffet each and every morning. We look forward to you returning to Homewood Suites, no matter where you travel...

Let me know when you plan on returning,