Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
South Florida
“Please Read...”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I made reservations for this hotel approximately 2 months in advance, I'm a Hilton Honors member and a loyal customer to Hilton Hotels. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed by Asst. General manager that there were no rooms available. Quite suprised, and tired due to flight delays, I expected a good explaination. I was told there was a water leak in two rooms one of which was for me. The hotel made arrangements for me to stay the night at a Hampton Inn a few miles up the road. I will say they were apologetic, but I was in no mood for this to happen.

So I drove to the Hampton Inn. The front desk clerk had a room key ready for me when I arrived. I made it to my room, and my first thought was this was "unacceptable." The room smelled like smoke and the air conditioner made loud noises. So, I had to change to a second room. I won't make more comments as I intend to prepare a review for the Hampton Inn.

The next day I received a telehone call from the General Manager telling me he had a room available for me to spend my second night. I gladly drove back to the Homewood Suites and was greeted by the General Manager, "Mike." He was also apolegetic and offered to forego charging me for both nights. I appreciated his kindness, but I was not responsible for paying, my company was. So, I was offered Hilton Honor points which equaled 2 free future nights.

The room very nice, clean and comfortable. It was large with a full kitchen, separate bedroom and living room area. I attended to dinner which was served in the lobby area. It was quite delicious (Chicken, Salad, Beer and Wine.) The breakfast was also plentyful and lots of variety.

I do wish the management would have taken into account my status as a Hilton Honors member before determining I was the one who had to change hotels. But, while it was a major inconvienience, I would stay at the Homewood Suites again. The Hampton Inn is a different story.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ericm315
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
ericm315,

We sincerely apologize. We at the Homewood Suites by Hilton-Allentown West/Fogelsville attempt to make every effort not to put any of our guests in this position, especially our loyal hhonors travelers. I can assure you that every option was exhausted before making the decision to move any of our guest. We appreciated you returning to our hotel and hope that you enjoyed all of the amenities the Homewood Suites by Hilton-Allentown West/Fogelsville has to offer. I am happy that you enjoyed your Complimentary HOT Breakfast Buffet served every day and our complimentary “Welcome Home” HOT dinner buffet served Monday thru Thursday evenings. Mike Pacetta our General Manager has taken steps along with our associates, to correct future maintenance challenges before guest arrivals. Thanks again and we look forward to your future stays with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
PA
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed for the weekend. The hotel was very nice.
When we checked into our room, the one, tiny garbage can they give you, was full of the last occupants trash. Yuck! Whenever I'd use the sink in the bathroom area, I was always looking for a trash can, and then I'd remember I had to walk all the way out to the kitchen area to throw things away.
The bed itself was very comfortable, however it smelled like man sweat. I don't think the comforters or mattress pad get washed very often. The sheets don't like to stay on the bed either. I'm guessing they've shrunk in the wash since they opened. As soon as you get in bed, the corners pop off.
The hotel is right near a major intersection and the truck traffic is very loud. I turned on the heat and had it run non-stop to drown out the noise and that worked pretty well. If you're sensitive to loud noises, you're definitely going to want to take that into consideration. There is also a sewage treatment plant right behind it. It's for sure an "Industrial area".
We had a 1st floor room and the hotel was FULL of people with children. They were very loud. Yelling in the halls, Yelling in the room next to ours. Trying to get into our room through the adjoining door you share with the room next door.. and it sounded like they were wrestling alligators or sumo wrestlers on the floor above us. The noise from fellow guests was unreal. Talk about inconsiderate of others.
Overall it was a nice hotel. I would consider staying here again, but I'd request a room away from people with children and not on the 1st floor.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet stay, ask for a room away from other guests with children and in the back of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Purrsian
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and try to make improvements whenever possible. We apologize, there is no excuse on why you were missing a trash can in the bathroom or why the other was full and if notified would have corrected this right away. We immediately addressed this with all of our team members so not to have this happen in the future. Comforters and Mattress Pads are cleaned on a regular basis as per the Hilton standard practices. We are a newer hotel with large studio, one and two bedroom suites, kitchenettes, indoor heated pool, complimentary onsite fitness center, complimentary offsite fitness center, in addition to a Complimentary HOT Breakfast Buffet and Complimentary HOT Dinner Buffet (served Mon-Thurs evenings) Families and corporate travelers LOVE staying with us because of the extraordinary value they receive. We look forward to you staying with us in the future. Upon check-in or while making your reservation, it would be our pleasure to locate you to a quieter room away from families with small children.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We have stayed here a couple times while visiting friends/family in Allentown. The hotel is quite new, so the rooms are nice and comfortable. The breakfast was good as far as continental breakfasts go. The hotel is a good value and we would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nyctraveljunkies
Jonsales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
We appreciate your review of the hotel and look forward to you returning in the near future. The Homewood Suites as a brand offers a complimentary HOT breakfast buffet, which is served 7 days a week. We would like some feedback on additional items you may want to see offered on our buffet.

Once again, thank you. We look forward to your return.

Jon Kleckner
Director of Sales and Marketing
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Allentown West/Fogelsville
Hamilton, ON
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We ended up staying at this hotel by mistake, our mistake....we were actually hoping to stay closer to the PA / NY border, but somehow messed up when making the reservation. The hotel was what we would expect from a Homewood Suites - very clean, friendly staff, good food. The pool area was very clean and in great condition. The breakfast and dinner (weeknight stay) were fantastic and definately met our expectations. The room was big and clean, the only complaint we had was the lack of hot water for our showers.....it stayed consistantly lukewarm through 1.5 of them and then eventually warmed up a lot. There was not a lot around this hotel we found (perhaps we were not looking in the right areas though due to poor planning on our part) other then what seemed like endless manufacturing. We did manage to find some grocery stores, shopping and restuarants about 20 minutes from the hotel. Overall though we were very happy with everything and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mels2010
Well, we are glad you made that wrong turn and our happy that you stayed with us. After seeing your review I had our maintance department look into the hot water issue you had experienced and corrected the problem. We have also put together a welcome booklet, which gives recomendations to local venues, restaurants and attractions. We look forward to having you return..

Jon Kleckner
Director of Sales and Marketing
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Allentown West/Fogelsville
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2011

They have it right here. From the moment you walk in until you check out, every detail is A++. Especially given the price range. In fact, knowing that we were going on this trip, the hotel was the thing that my family (wife + 4 kids) looked forward to the most. Free breakfast is a step above what you get at most place, and certainly adds a lot of value if you consider what it would cost to go to a restaurant.

Room Tip: Floor plans are available for review on the hotel's web site.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jaspie1971
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Very good hotel for family stay. Good breakfast and complimentary dinner. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gurudesh
Michigan
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed in a number of the Homewood Suites properties and all were welcoming and pleasant, but then there is sometimes an exception. The Allentown site offers all of the same ameneties but the Management falls very short. Usually, when guests have a problem, management addresses it quickly and typically well. Four days in a row we had dried out eggs as a hot meal and were treated to a malfunctioning smoke detecter that loudly chirped about every 30 seconds - for all 4 days!!! We mentioned the matter on day one and were told what it was and how it would be fixed in a single day. We complained to Hilton of this matter and were assured that we would hear from the Allentown Manager in 3 days. In more than a week, he/she never bothered to call us. To make this Homewood work in the fine manner that we have seen elsewhere, it maybe that a management change is the best move. Until then, we would not stay here again as they do not care about their guests at this location under the present manager.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators as this hotel rings a bell everytime that you ride that elevator or aga...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family