“Don't waste your time.”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had gone here with a friend and her son who is 7 yrs old last month. He had been there before and was looking forward to the tank where you can touch the sea creatures. This area was under construction, as well as MANY other stations within the center. We would go to one section and at least one of three experiments or displays were out of order or being improved. I'm all for making things better, but don't think we should have had to pay full price and not be able to access so many things. There aren't alot of people within the center to talk to or get children involved in activities, you just walk around and play with things with no real excitement or explanation. We also visited the "grossology" section...it was quite boring and no where near what we expected. I would not recommend this...take the drive to Philadelphia to the Please Touch Museum, or the Franklin Institute. The only food available on site would be the vending machine. The only positive I can think of is that he gift shop seemed resonable compared to other like sites.

3 Thank DreamsOfMusic

Monroe, New York, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice for young children.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Nice experience for young children, but not so much for teens. It was fun and my son did enjoy the leverage pulley. If you have elementary aged children, fully recommend this experience. If they can get a love for science early in their youth, it will carry forward with them and the Da Vinci Science Center is doing just that. Would be a great field trip for any schools. Nice place for families.

1 Thank Rosemary G
Allentown, Pennsylvania
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Grossology exhibit disappointing”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Although the rest of he museum was interesting and fun, the Grossology exhibit was very disappointing. It was extremely loud in the room from each of the areas competing with the others. My 3 !/2 year old goddaughter kept her hands over her ears the entire time as did her almost 6 year old brother. They wanted to leave right away but I convinced them to try the rest of the museum. Luckily the Grossology exhibit was included in the price of the admission or otherwise I would have asked for a refund.

1 Thank BJL2342
Arlington, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very Nice Science Museum”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Da Vinci Science Center rivals science museums in much larger cities. The grossology exhibit is small, but interesting, especially for school age boys. The permanent exhibits were almost all in working order. We got there pretty close to opening time and had the place pretty much to ourselves for about an hour or so. It got somewhat crowded with day campers after that, but not to the point that it was unbearable. There is plenty of staff who are engaged and seem like they enjoy being there. We had planned on staying about 2-3 hours, ended up staying 4.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BobRoll57
Allentown, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good indoor family fun”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We live in the Lehigh Valley and are annual pass holders at the DaVinci Center. My kids (ages 12, 10, and 7) really enjoy visiting, and my two youngest have participated in the summer camps too. The rotating displays are excellent (my kids loved Grossology); however, the regular displays get old for the kids after several visits. We enjoy being able to pop in every few months when we need an indoor activity. Passes also get you free admission to other science museums! Great one-day trip for preschool and up kids.

Visited July 2013