“Beautiful building, lovely Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit”

Allentown Art Museum
Ranked #7 of 39 things to do in Allentown
NY-NJ
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful building, lovely Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit itself is worth the price of admission. It was very well laid out and included several of his masterpieces as well as dozens of smaller works. There is also an excellent documentary that runs continuously. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the smaller show of Indian temple art. The museum's own collection also has some interesting items, and the gift shop contains some amazing possibilities. Go! It's well worth it.

Visited June 2013

Northampton, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“walk through.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When my daughter and grand daughter took me there as a surprise I was overjoyed. I thought it would only take an hour since I had lunch plans with friends... Well, I missed lunch and just enjoyed myself with the art. I was amazed at the ages of a lot of the art.. I was surprised that artists from that era could be that talented. Many artists of today are not that talented. My daughter and I plan on going again this year. every one shoud try going..maybe it doesnt sound too interting but please go. You will not be disappointed .

Visited July 2012
1 Thank irene b
Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“A Gem in A-town!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited on a Sunday when Admission and parking on both free! A small museum with some interesting exhibits. We bothREALLY enjoyed the Art Glass exhibit and Flapper Fashions. A nice gift shop too!!!! Recommend!

Visited April 2013
Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Small but mighty!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have traveled all over Europe. Seen many paintings here that rival those from the louvre. My husband and I both agree that this little museum is a gem. If you go on Sunday's it is free.

Visited March 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nice classic art museum”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Nice museum but with very traditional art exhibits. If you go to visit any day but Sunday you will pay $12 each to see works of art which are pre-contemporary. So if you love that type of artwork then this would be a wonderful museum for you. Not a very big museum but you could spend time enjoying old world imagery and enjoy the quiet retreat from the city outside.

Visited April 2012