All reviewsextended staycollege dorm roomdorney parkmovie theaterlong termbeds were comfortablemayracookwarehousekeepingaccommodationsgmrates
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I should have read the fine print but I'm used to places where "extended stay" also means that short stays are what you'd expect at any hotel. Not! The rooms are very utilitarian, not at all what I'd call "cozy." Reminded me of a college dorm room. I guess when you're staying for an extended period you buy or rent a bundle of "stuff" that includes dishes, etc. I was only here for 2 nights so I wasn't interested. In the bathroom there are two tiny bars of soap and one tube of conditioning shampoo which was fine for me. There were 2 rolls of toilet paper but no tissues, this may come in the bundle. There is no coffee maker in the room. When I asked, they said that they sell coffee makers for long stay customers but obviously I wasn't going to buy one for a short stay. They do have brewed coffee (no tea) in the check in area with tiny foam cups with no lids. I had to get dressed, go downstairs to this area, fill 2 tiny cups, and bring them back up to my room without spilling for my morning coffee.

I can see this as a decent low-cost option for someone that needs to be here for several weeks, but for a short stay I'd pay a little more to be in a regular hotel with a coffee maker and box of tissues.

Pros: Friendly staff and clean
Cons: see above, also very loud road traffic on front side of hotel

Room Tip: The back side must be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Allentown, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2017

We would like to apologize for any and all inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. I will be sure to remind all staff to be attentive to issues and be sure they are resolved immediately. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We chose this hotel because it had a check-in time until 1am. We got a phone call around 11pm that our card has been charged a No-Show fee! We quickly left the event we were at early to get there and dispute it, and there was only night help. The night staff gentlemen was VERY attentive and tried everything to help us, but he did not have the permissions to remove the bogus fee.

Our room was no longer reserved, so he put us in another available room. He wasn't even told that the company allowed for check-ins after 1am, but he helped us anyway. Poor communication from corporate! We went out to the car to get our stuff and the key card wouldn't work, so we walked all the way back through the front and up to our room with heavy stuff (and I have an injury so this was NOT easy). When we got up there, the key still didn't work! We had to go back and wake up the night shift man again, who let us into our room but couldn't get us a set of keys until morning which was pointless. We were basically trapped in the room with no way to get back if we left (not his fault! This guy was a savior!).

The room was clean and beds comfortable, lighting was AWFUL, but it was good enough for a night. While I appreciate a clean room very much, the hassle was not worth it at ALL.

The next morning we checked out and they were fully staffed, so we disputed the No-Show fee. The MANAGER couldn't even waive the fee! And on top of that they were ignoring us because they were too wrapped up in their conversation about filling out their timesheets. Couldn't they have helped us first?! We were SO annoyed that we left, and had to eat the extra money they charged us. I am so fuming angry with this company, I will NEVER stay here again and feel like I've been robbed of my time and money! It took near half an hour for us to even get into a room, and another 15 mins to check out because they had to talk amongst themselves even though we were standing right there!!

Forget this place, don't bother!! Not worth the hassle!!

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Christine C

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. We are disappointed and sorry that you had the experience you did. We want to assure you this is not representative of the service we expect to provide. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We hope that you give us another chance.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

The property was a really great value for the price. The property was clean, well kept and staff polite. Another positive aspect is the hotel is non-smoking, when so many other properties in the area are. One note though, the hotel is by the highway, so pick a room not facing the road. There is much truck traffic in the area.

Room Tip: Pick room on side away from highway.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business with us. It is nice to see your positive feedback on the cleanliness of the property and our friendly staff.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Check in was fast and courteous. Thet's about it. Upon entering the door beyond the check-in window, we were greeted by the smell of cigarette smoke. We entered the elevator to take us to the second floor, more smoke. Walked down the hallway toward our room and took note of the stained carpets. The room had a small kitchenette with a fridge, sink, and two burners. The cabinets were empty. We arrived late due to traffic so we rushed out the door to make our dinner reservation. We returned to the hotel around 10pm. it was then we noticed there were two tiny pillows on the bed. We also noticed there were only two towels. I called (What I thought) was the front desk. I was transferred to a call center. I asked if it was possible to have another towel and pillow brought to the room. The operator asked if I would hold while he contacted someone who was actually physically at the hotel. I waited on hold about 5 minutes. When the operator came back to the phone I was told that he called and confirmed with an associate who was physically at the hotel. I was told there is not another single clean towel or pillow in the entire place and I'd have to wait until 8am the next day for my needs to be addressed. That's all well and good but, I was forced to use a rolled up shirt as my additional pillow. Not sure why a pillow and towel couldn't have simply been removed from one of the unsold rooms as the parking lot was only 1/3 filled at 10pm. This is a place to sleep. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't expect personalized services and you won't be let down.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

I'm very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We strive to impress our guests, but it is clear that we came up short. Please allow us another chance to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

My room was clean, modern and nice. The front desk staff and the manager Myra were all friendly and housekeeping does a good job. Ample free parking and within ten minutes of many restaurants and attractions. It's hard to beat for the price!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo

We appreciate you taking time to share your comments with us about our staff. We consider them one of our most valuable assets and couldn’t function without them. We will share your comments with them in hopes of continuing to provide a positive experience for our future guests. We hope to see you again soon.