All reviews dorney park directly across the street front desk room was clean muhlenberg college free breakfast yogurt good nights sleep hotel staff nice breakfast microwave pillows housekeeping interstate inns
Reviewed September 29, 2016

Holiday Inn Express has become our "go to" hotel for short trips and this location did not disappoint. The hotel overall was clean and quiet, and the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ample and appetizing. We don't require any more.

The only complaint is not a HI problem, but that access can be confusing if coming from town rather than the interstate. The four lane road has a divider, which forces you to pass the location then make a U turn to get back to the hotel. Once that is figured out, getting to nearby restaurants and gas stations is doable.

We will stay here again when we return to Allentown.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Claudia S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

How wonderful to be known as your "Go To"! And I am truly proud to see that we didn't disappoint you on this trip :)

Happy guests are ALWAYS great to hear from and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2016

We have stayed here before and are very happy with this hotel, the staff, and central location.

I had to see a client in the area, so once again, we decided to stay at this Holiday Inn Express.

The staff is superb. Very friendly and knowledgable.

We were here for 5 days. On one of the days, the maid did not leave us towels, and it appeared that the surfaces were not wiped down. When we called the front desk, our towels were brought to us speedily, and an apology was forthcoming. The next day, I called the front desk before we went out, just to make sure the same thing did not happen-- and when we got back in the room at about 7PM, the place was sparkling.

I think that one day was merely an aberration.

The grounds are kept clean, and so is the hotel. The breakfast is good too- with nice choices.

The room was more than adequate, and the TV swiveled, making it easy for someone at the desk to watch at the same time someone in the chair watched.

I wish these places would add SMARTTV so you could log into your Netflix or Amazon Prime accounts....I know, they would not sell movies that way- but seriously, when was the last time you bought a movie from them??

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Claudia S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2016

Thank you for your loyalty!!! I am so happy to know that you are pleased each and EVERY time you visit us. Out team invests a lot of hard work and really cares about what they do and words such as yours makes their efforts truly worth while! Thank you for taking the time to share them.

We look forward to your next stay...

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Front desk staff was attentive and pleasant. The hotel wasn't new, but did seem to be well maintained and my room and the breakfast room were clean. The location was good but imagine the local traffic might be different when the water park was in operation.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm happy to know you were pleased and you are correct.... the hotel is actually celebrating it's 20th Birthday this December. We are however, going to do that with a FULL renovation (inside and out) which begins next month. I hope you will try to visit us again next year so that you can enjoy the new and improved version!

And also please know that although the park across the street is now off season, the impact is not nearly as "crazy" as one would think.... I myself was pleasantly suprised my first summer here! So don't let that keep you from us during the warmer weather. :)

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

We visited this property over the last weekend in August and was pleased with our stay. The hotel was clean. The guest services staff were very polite and professional. Not sure if that had anything to do with my fiancé being an elite member but none the less they were great.
The breakfast was hot and fresh.
Honestly the only con I could think of was there was no pool onsite and no ATM but who needs a pool when the waterpark was across the street. Lol.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Claudia S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

I am so happy to know you and your family were pleased! It is always wonderful to hear that our guests had a good time and enjoyed their stay.... come visit us again next summer!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The room was dirty, my grandson showed me between the air conditioner and the wall there were lots of spider webs and the carpet was dirty. The kids were amazed and were taking pictures. The bathroom kept flooding, the floor would get covered in water upto our ankles. One night when we returned to the room I had to call the front desk for someone to get the water up, The night before we left, my mother slipped and fell in the bathroom due to all the water. We couldn't get all the way in to help her up because she was too close to the door so my daughter stuck her arm in and took a photo so we could try to see how to help. I ended up sticking my arm in the door so that she could grab on to get up. She didn't want me to call anyone because she was undressed and embarrassed. By the next morning her knee was swollen and sore so I had to take her to the doctor. Also even though the air conditioner was turned off, the display read off, it kept turning on in the middle of the night and then shutting right back off. I called the 800 number to make a complaint. I was given a complaint reference number and told that someone would contact me within 24 to 48 hours. That was a week ago today and I still have yet to hear from someone. My mom's knee is still slightly swollen and sore. They have demonstrated very poor customer service.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Please know that I spoke at length with your mother a week ago and I cannot tell you how upset I was to learn what happened to your family! I certainly wish you would have taken the time to share all of your concerns while you were with us - I have my personal cell phone posted in the hotel elevator cab for "emergency" service issues such as yours... they may be rare but they still may happen. And certainly, our team would have done whatever they could have to remedy the issues had they been aware of them.

I am very happy to know that your mother has now seen a doctor as when she and I spoke, she had not done so and I hope she is continuing to feel better each day. We are truly sorry that this experience happened to you and your family, and although your review is entitled "never again" I hope that you will join your mother on a return trip as my guests via the gift certificate I've sent her.

Thank you again.