Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area
AscendHotels
$90
SleepInn
$63
Red Roof Inn Allentown Airport(Allentown)(Great Value!)
$69
$110
$118
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsdorney parkdirectly across the streetfront deskpancake machinehousekeeping doesroom was cleanmuhlenberg collegefree breakfastthe breakfast areayogurtstayed here for one nightwater pressure in the showernice propertya great place to stayhotel staffshort driveexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My 82 year old mother was locked out of her room upon returning from her grandson's wedding. The night staff did not offer to put her in another room and the maintenance people, though working diligently, took close to three hours to finally open the door for her. What were they thinking about to not move her into another room?? She waited outside the bedroom ....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??
I called the hotel when I heard this nightmare and am still waiting to hear from them two + days later.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rosemary L
Joseph F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Please accept our apology for what occurred. We ask that you contact us directly so that we may have the opportunity to clarify the situation. The review posted is not an accurate account.

For our Trip Advisor readers, I would like to address some key facts of the situation.

1. Our guest, as seen on camera, awaited reentry in her family's adjacent room, rather than outside as stated.

2. The issue was resolved in a matter of 56 minutes, rather than the nearly three hours as stated.

3. Rooms which include an adjacent door leading to another room (Connecting Rooms) should not be dead bolted from the inside and exited from the connecting door. As a safety measure the connecting doors will lock upon closure from the adjacent room and one cannot gain reentry without using the door key. The door key will not open the door that has been dead bolted. It took us a few minutes to trouble shoot why the lock was not engaging.
We have taken some measures to further inform guests whom rent our connecting rooms.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Once again the Holiday Inn Express was there for us. It is was a very nice room and very heplful staff. After a long day on the road it's nice to know that a clean room and a welcome smile is waiting for you. We would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gary C
dpguestrep, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Value Guest,

We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass the positive feedback along to the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you next time! Happy Holidays!

Best Regards,
Laurene Semprit

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The room was every day very clean and smart furnished. The breakfast is typically american and the employers were very friendly. A further advantage, the hotel is very close to the Interstate 78.

Unfortunately, the maids doesn't know that a doorknob is also able to close a door. Not only to open a door. So, the walls are constantly moving and there is no sleep possible when the maids are on tour!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
dpguestrep, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and up to par in regards to our customer service. We do apologize for your experience the following morning; we have addressed this situation and will monitor it closely to ensure our future guest satisfaction. We ask that whenever there is a situation that you feel is less than satisfactory, you immediately contact the Front Desk or the Manager on Duty so that we may rectify the situation.

We hope you enjoyed your stay enough to grant us another opportunity to serve you. We again thank you for your feedback and wish you a very Happy Holiday season!

Best Regards,
Joseph Ferrara

Reviewed October 23, 2013

October 18, 2013 we checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Allentown, PA. This hotel is right across the street from Dorney Park. I had pre-paid our room on ihg.com, there official website for booking reservations. I spoke with Lorene (manager) on the phone and she told me that because I booked on the official website that all they would need when I checked in was the original credit card I paid for the room with. She assured me that there would NOT be any additional money held or taken out of my credit card. Sade checked us in around 1:00 pm and was very, very kind. Sade also assured me that there would be no additional charge or hold on my credit card. We met Jose the maintenance man and Joseph, another manager, who were very kind to us. When we got to our room, we turned on the heater because it was cold inside the room. About a minute after we turned the heater on, it started to make this loud rattling sound and we had already unpacked everything. They sent Jose up to our room and he tried to fix it but it still rattled. They gave us an $11.00 credit and we appreciated that. We put our suitcase on top of the air-conditioner/heater unit so we could sleep at night and it seemed to help muffle the rattling a bit.

We checked out the next morning and went back to New York. Tuesday, October 22, 2013, I noticed a $50.00 hold on my account from Holiday Inn Express. I called and spoke with the manager Lorene about the unauthorized hold on our account and she said someone made a mistake and they should not have put that $50.00 hold on our account. She said she would speak with Joseph the other manager to see if they could compensate us for their mistake. She called us back and said she could not do anything. I called the hotel but Lorene had gone home for the day and I spoke with Kimberly. The moment I got on the phone with Kimberly, she was rude and nasty. Kimberly informed me that she was the one that put the $50.00 hold on our account and I told her that she should not have done that and explained to her that Lorene told me that it should not have been done and was a mistake. Kimberly said to me with an attitude, “Well, I did it and it will drop off in a few days.” I asked her why she was being rude and that she hadn’t even apologized to me. Kimberly said to me very nasty, “I ‘m sorry sir, have a nice day” and hung the phone up on me. I have never been treated so rude in my life. I can’t believe they allow Kimberly to work behind a desk dealing with customers. We paid $143.45 for our one night stay and it was not worth it for a 2 ½ star hotel and the way we were treated. Kimberly had a attitude with me for a mistake SHE made. Unbelievable! My advice…………..DON’T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear John G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Our goal is to provide excellent guest experience but it is very unfortunate that we were not able to do so on this visit. Please accept my sincerest apology if the service received was not up to par. Your comments will be discussed accordingly with our team to ensure instances like this be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a family suite. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast was included and very good. Would definitely recommend. Could walk to Dorney park, but you have to cross the highway. Great location!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Joseph F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the positive feedback and hope you will return the next time you visit Dorney Park.

Joseph Ferrara