“Once again, a very good choise.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Seattle, Washington
“Once again, a very good choise.”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Once again the Holiday Inn Express was there for us. It is was a very nice room and very heplful staff. After a long day on the road it's nice to know that a clean room and a welcome smile is waiting for you. We would be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary C
dpguestrep, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Value Guest,

We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass the positive feedback along to the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you next time! Happy Holidays!

Laurene Semprit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The room was every day very clean and smart furnished. The breakfast is typically american and the employers were very friendly. A further advantage, the hotel is very close to the Interstate 78.

Unfortunately, the maids doesn't know that a doorknob is also able to close a door. Not only to open a door. So, the walls are constantly moving and there is no sleep possible when the maids are on tour!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
dpguestrep, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and up to par in regards to our customer service. We do apologize for your experience the following morning; we have addressed this situation and will monitor it closely to ensure our future guest satisfaction. We ask that whenever there is a situation that you feel is less than satisfactory, you immediately contact the Front Desk or the Manager on Duty so that we may rectify the situation.

We hope you enjoyed your stay enough to grant us another opportunity to serve you. We again thank you for your feedback and wish you a very Happy Holiday season!

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

October 18, 2013 we checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Allentown, PA. This hotel is right across the street from Dorney Park. I had pre-paid our room on ihg.com, there official website for booking reservations. I spoke with Lorene (manager) on the phone and she told me that because I booked on the official website that all they would need when I checked in was the original credit card I paid for the room with. She assured me that there would NOT be any additional money held or taken out of my credit card. Sade checked us in around 1:00 pm and was very, very kind. Sade also assured me that there would be no additional charge or hold on my credit card. We met Jose the maintenance man and Joseph, another manager, who were very kind to us. When we got to our room, we turned on the heater because it was cold inside the room. About a minute after we turned the heater on, it started to make this loud rattling sound and we had already unpacked everything. They sent Jose up to our room and he tried to fix it but it still rattled. They gave us an $11.00 credit and we appreciated that. We put our suitcase on top of the air-conditioner/heater unit so we could sleep at night and it seemed to help muffle the rattling a bit.

We checked out the next morning and went back to New York. Tuesday, October 22, 2013, I noticed a $50.00 hold on my account from Holiday Inn Express. I called and spoke with the manager Lorene about the unauthorized hold on our account and she said someone made a mistake and they should not have put that $50.00 hold on our account. She said she would speak with Joseph the other manager to see if they could compensate us for their mistake. She called us back and said she could not do anything. I called the hotel but Lorene had gone home for the day and I spoke with Kimberly. The moment I got on the phone with Kimberly, she was rude and nasty. Kimberly informed me that she was the one that put the $50.00 hold on our account and I told her that she should not have done that and explained to her that Lorene told me that it should not have been done and was a mistake. Kimberly said to me with an attitude, “Well, I did it and it will drop off in a few days.” I asked her why she was being rude and that she hadn’t even apologized to me. Kimberly said to me very nasty, “I ‘m sorry sir, have a nice day” and hung the phone up on me. I have never been treated so rude in my life. I can’t believe they allow Kimberly to work behind a desk dealing with customers. We paid $143.45 for our one night stay and it was not worth it for a 2 ½ star hotel and the way we were treated. Kimberly had a attitude with me for a mistake SHE made. Unbelievable! My advice…………..DON’T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear John G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Our goal is to provide excellent guest experience but it is very unfortunate that we were not able to do so on this visit. Please accept my sincerest apology if the service received was not up to par. Your comments will be discussed accordingly with our team to ensure instances like this be avoided in the future.

Again, thank you for your review and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a family suite. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast was included and very good. Would definitely recommend. Could walk to Dorney park, but you have to cross the highway. Great location!!

• Stayed October 2013
Joseph F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the positive feedback and hope you will return the next time you visit Dorney Park.

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel conveniently located across street from Dorney Park,The hotel was quiet and clean. I've read some reviews and it didn't give this hotel justice. I have stay in many hotels in my life and by far this is one the best. Great breakfast,I call front desk about something and phone quickly.My room was on third floor facing the park. I will attend Haunt week next year and this will be my hotel. Awesome!!!!!!! Great front desk. Stay 10/13/2014

Room Tip: Facing the park great Choice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anastasia K
Joseph F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you next year for the Halloween Haunt!

Laurene Semprit
Morrisdale, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I made my reservation months in advance and they messed up the reservation. I was told they overbooked the hotel. So my coworkers and I got a king bed when we reserved 2 queen beds. Then they tried to cram a roll a way bed in the room to make it better. Not very happy with the stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joseph F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Allentown - Dorney Park Area, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, let me begin by apologizing for the situation regarding your reservation. We completely understand your frustration with the room type you were given. Unfortunately there are situations that occur from time to time that are out of our control. We ask that you please contact our hotel management immediately so we may try to rectify your experience. We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your needs as expected during your stay with us and do hope that you allow us another opportunity to serve you.

pennsylvania
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here on September 28th. We visited dorney park in the AM and i came back to the hotel and my family went for fright night. It is nothing extravagant by any means. Must have been a hotel that allowed smoking at one time as certain area's still have smoke odor. We were unfortunate to have a room that faced dorney park it was loud. You could actually hear conversations and car radios from the parking lot in our room at 12:00 AM. Oh and i forgot the wedding guests who were also having a LOUD time of it. This was not worth the 154.00 we paid.
The rooms were just so so, really didn't feel clean.Right on the highway it was like a motor speedway up until about 1:00 AM.
We will not be staying here again. There was no resturant on site we had to walk to the comfort inn. Not happy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Exceeding our guests is first and foremost, unfortunately your experience was less than what you expected. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We hope that if and when you visit the area again, you will give us another opportunity.