“We Liked It”

Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Johnson City, Tennessee
“We Liked It”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice since it was halfway on our trip, and were perfectly pleased with the typical Sleep Inn cleanliness, staff courtesy, freshness of the decor . . . and even the TV. Our only criticism is in the hours for the breakfast service . . . on both occasions we were ready to eat and leave at 6:00 AM, which was before opening. Luckily, a Dunkin Donut and The Starlight Diner were just across the parking lot, so we ate breakfast at one on our first visit and the other on our second.

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room when you reserve.
2 Thank Blueridgebob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gorham, Maine
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently moved from Maine to Virginia. When planning our trip, we opted to break up the length of our trip by staying in Allentown which was a half-way point. We picked Sleep Inn based on the reviews and the price. We were not disappointed! The staff was super friendly, the accommodations were clean and inviting and the breakfast was delicious. We would stay there again, for sure! And we'd recommend it to anyone. Thanks to the staff for a great stay!

1 Thank Michelle R
Middletown, New Jersey
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I chose this hotel because of all the great reviews it got and also because of its' great location, only ten minutes away from Macungie Memorial Park where we were headed for a multiple day car show. The location was great with two restaurants right in the parking lot and a Wawa a block away.

The room was a bit small when I first walked in but the two double beds were comfortable. The desk was right in front of the television so you wouldn't be able to sit at it without blocking the tv but other than that it was okay. The bathroom was actually a little cubby with a pocket door that was very hard to slide but the shower was large and the water was hot so it was okay.

There was a mini fridge without a freezer, which was kinda disappointing since we brought a cooler with us to the show everyday and needed to get ice. The hotel does have two ice machines on the first and second floor so be sure to bring bags to put it in as it was difficult to fill a cooler directly from them.

The hotel shares a pool with the neighboring Staybridge Suites but I didn't use it so I'm not sure how it was.

It also has a continental breakfast which was okay and well stocked but served the same eggs and sausage all three days. They did offer waffles, cereal, bagels, toast and mini pasteries. It was about what you would expect from a moderate hotel's breakfast.

I would recommend this hotel to others staying in the area because the staff was friendly and it was clean. There was a smoking odor in some of the hallways but the room was non smoking and did not smell.

1 Thank Laurel_Lye13
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I had at this Sleep Inn. The staff was very friendly and acommodating. The rooms were extremely clean. There was not a speck of dust anywhere. Bathrooms were extremely clean. I was very impressed! They had a free hot breakfast which was very good. The person that was cooking the breakfast came out and asked how was everything? A place I would not hesitate to go to again!

1 Thank Sue S
Portland, Maine
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stopped at the Hampton to see if there were any rooms available and there were not. The woman at the desk HIGHLY recommended this 'comparable' room. Upon entering the bldg., my son and I smelled this curtled smell.. but figured the rooms would be better. The gentleman working the desk was busy with guests, but VERY VERY nice - friendly, courteous! As we entered the upstairs, the moldy/musty odor worsened. The room - was even worse! When we started the air conditioning, the smell increased..... it was AWEFUL!!! The wifi took a few minutes to figure out. There were unrepaired holes in the walls and the bathroom door was sliding into the wall and got stuck - we had to use a tool to get it out to be able to use the bathroom with any privacy. In fact.. this was more like a night at the old folks home instead of any kind of hotel. With that said.. the breakfast was fabulous... service was great and this was a good start to the day. When I went to check out there wasn't a soul in sight. I asked one of the woman 'chatting' in the dining area (with her handbag and coat in hand) if she could help me and her response was to whether someone was working at the desk. When she finished her conversation with the cook, then she proceeded to help me.. nice, but annoyed by the whole experience, we left. We will give feedback to the Hampton staff NOT to recommend this as any kind of "comparable" room in the future.. I see another review about sleeping in a Walmart parking lot. I would have rather stayed at a rest stop than here - period. If anyone wants to stay here, I'd advised checking the room BEFORE giving them your credit card info!

Room Tip: Travelers beware.. check your room first before paying!
2 Thank Jennifer M
delaware
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After a horrible night where we ended up sleeping in our truck on a walmart parking lot because of a horrible hotel experience on a completely booked weekend for all hotels in the area...Kaitlyn went above and beyond to help us find a room and check in early. She even let us use the pool while we waited. Unfortunately this wasnt a pleasure trip so the other hotel added insult to injury. I was so happy to walk into a clean room, with a huge bathroom (with a jet tub), incredibly comfy king bed, pull out couch bed for my kids..which sits very comfortably in front of the flat screen tv that kept the kids active while Dad took a much needed nap after our nights ordeal...we also have a large closet which will be perfect for future visits while our daughter is in the hpspital. We received short notice for our trip so we had our special needs dog with us. The pet room is on the 3rd floor. We have a non smoking room. There are no strange odors, stains or smells in our room. You can smell smoke in the hallway, but it isnt overwhelming. There is a coin laundry, open 24 hrs, that I will be taking advantage of. Will come in handy for future visits. My daughter is utilizing the fitness room. The breakfadt bar looks like it will be more than adequate. We do have a fridge and microwave, which is helping us stay on budget after the hotel change in plans. Thankfully we packed our cooler. I would definately recommend this hotel!So far we have had excellent service amd experience! Even my Buster dog is sleeping pleasently now...as his snores would suggest! I CANT THANK KAITLYN ENOUGH!

• Stayed August 2013
Greece, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Entered the hotel and lobby was nice. Phil behind the desk was very nice gave us directions to Wal-Mart he was the best !! Nice Job Phil. Room was fair rather small for 2 double beds. there was NO! privacy for anyone just the bathroom, sleep quality was ok. a lot of highway noise from the big trucks. shower had good pressure. Breakfast was fair. The breakfast attended was rude . I walked in GOOD MORNING no reply from her must have stumped her with that question. Coffee was great. If in area would look elsewhere

Room Tip: room not facing the highway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family