“A night away”

Sleep Inn Allentown
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights ago. Room wasnt bad. Surprised at bathroom size.small enough for a one crapper and a standup shower..my company paid.so I didnt mind.but I would of looked around it were my bill..great uf you just need a quick crash...

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank cruisemate
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Allentown

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I regret having to make a negative report on this hotel but I feel that I must. Despite seriously the best complimentary hotel breakfast that I have ever had, I was very disappointed by this hotel because of a strong smell of dampness not only in my room (218) but also in the corridor on the second floor.

When we checked in I made the mistake of not switching rooms; I thought the smell was in the corridor as it was very strong there. I mentioned it to hotel staff twice, both times I was told that this had not been mentioned before. (They did not investigate but I suppose it's not their house.)

By the time I realised it was going to keep me from getting a good nights sleep, I felt that it was too late to move. Hopefully this problem has been reported and fixed, I can only say beware room 218!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank mksmillie
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently stayed here and everything was wonderful. We were concerned about a room that had had pets in it, due to severe allergies and asthma, and were given a room on the first floor where pets are not allowed. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom. The staff was very helpful when checking in, and even commented that we needed a room without pets. The breakfast was very good, with eggs, waffles, etc. We'd definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband wanted to stop at the Sleep Inn because he stayed there last summer while on a road trip. I have never stayed at a Sleep Inn. It was in an excellant location off the highway, just a few minute drive. The desk clerk was quick and pleasant and when we asked about a restaurant, showed us a sports bar within walking distance to the Sleep Inn. We checked in and walked across the parking lot to the sports bar. Quiet, and good service. We had a great night's sleep in a quiet, clean room and a quick breakfast downstairs in the am before the rest of our trip. Also, a gas station was right nearby for easy access before getting on the highway

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bunnycRi
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I travel significantly on business and must admit that, without a doubt, this establishment ranks very close to the top of the list based upon service, cleanliness and value. I credit GENNIFER, the General Manager, for her leadership and management ability. The rooms were modern, clean and quiet and front desk service was excellent. I checked out to attend the final day of training and found I needed to remain in the area one additional night to finish writing an important proposal. I returned to Sleep Inn around 1:00pm and MEGAN did an incredible job of finding me a room immediately so I could get to work. I don't do this often but I would recommend this establishment to anyone. Corporate leadership take note of this example.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BlackhawkEMG
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Sleep Inn in Allentown, Pa was excellent!! The staff was friendly and the young girl working there was very helpful. We had a broken lamp that would not work, and she came and replaced it. Rooms were very clean and nice. The hot Breakfast was very good and the lady that was working there kept the area clean and the food fresh. We enjoyed our stay very much and would come back here when in the area! We would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barbara W
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This Sleep Inn in Allentown is an excellent value especially for the short term. The room was comfortable and clean. The free breakfast was just fine. There were a couple of places in the room that needed attention - curling wall paper, curtains a little crooked - but nothing that affected our stay. What makes this hotel really very good is the staff. The desk clerks were exceptionally nice and helpful. The lady working in the breakfast area was extremely attentive and helpful, always keeping the place clean and all of the foods and beverages filled up and fresh. Our only complaints were the noise from the laundry room adjacent to our room and the noise from the busy highway nearby. A room on the parking lot side sould be quieter but for our one night stay it wasn't a real problem.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the parking lot side for a quieter night. Also avoid the laundry room on the second...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple