“Great staff, service, cleanliness and value....this is a MUST STAY!”

Sleep Inn Allentown
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Rochester, New York
“Great staff, service, cleanliness and value....this is a MUST STAY!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I travel significantly on business and must admit that, without a doubt, this establishment ranks very close to the top of the list based upon service, cleanliness and value. I credit GENNIFER, the General Manager, for her leadership and management ability. The rooms were modern, clean and quiet and front desk service was excellent. I checked out to attend the final day of training and found I needed to remain in the area one additional night to finish writing an important proposal. I returned to Sleep Inn around 1:00pm and MEGAN did an incredible job of finding me a room immediately so I could get to work. I don't do this often but I would recommend this establishment to anyone. Corporate leadership take note of this example.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BlackhawkEMG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Sleep Inn in Allentown, Pa was excellent!! The staff was friendly and the young girl working there was very helpful. We had a broken lamp that would not work, and she came and replaced it. Rooms were very clean and nice. The hot Breakfast was very good and the lady that was working there kept the area clean and the food fresh. We enjoyed our stay very much and would come back here when in the area! We would recommend this hotel to our family and friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbara W
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This Sleep Inn in Allentown is an excellent value especially for the short term. The room was comfortable and clean. The free breakfast was just fine. There were a couple of places in the room that needed attention - curling wall paper, curtains a little crooked - but nothing that affected our stay. What makes this hotel really very good is the staff. The desk clerks were exceptionally nice and helpful. The lady working in the breakfast area was extremely attentive and helpful, always keeping the place clean and all of the foods and beverages filled up and fresh. Our only complaints were the noise from the laundry room adjacent to our room and the noise from the busy highway nearby. A room on the parking lot side sould be quieter but for our one night stay it wasn't a real problem.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the parking lot side for a quieter night. Also avoid the laundry room on the second...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank James B
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I don't know if it was the smell of cookies baking, or the super friendliness of the staff, or the use of the computer in the "living room" area - but I felt at home!

They allowed a late checkout (the blizzard had delayed my leaving time), they had a full breakfast buffet (although high on the carbs, I was able to get activa yogurt and fresh fruit), and apples by the door.

My room was clean.

One light didn't work in the bathroom (oop! forgot to tell them that) and it was a shower vs a tub with shower but they had tons of towels (I didn't have to call down).

Room Tip: The back, away from the highway - no noise at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tressed
Floral Park, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2013

When you need a clean bed, hot breakfast and a convenient location this fits the bill! With the exception of a stained chair the room was clean and well appointed. The rooms are relatively small but well designed with a roomy stall shower and nice beds. We enjoyed the hot breakfast and the helpful staff enjoyed telling us that the waffles would be strawberry in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day. Everyone working there seemed friendly and tried to make us comfortable and welcome. We will use this hotel again in the summer when we plan to return to enjoy some of the nearby attractions.

Room Tip: We were on the highway side but did not hear traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tweedybird26
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at this motel back in September. Now a return trip to the area in December and the results were the same. Very friendly staff, very clean rooms, smooth check in and check out. Sleep Inns have slightly smaller rooms than other "Choice Brand" hotels, but they are usually very nice. Walking distance to several restaurants.This hotel is my only choice when passing through Allentown!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank steveslj
Indiana
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We are typically "Hampton Inn people", but opted to stay here while visiting the area. Although I could tell it was a more economical hotel, I was pleasantly surprised with our stay. The king suite was huge, and perfect for our family of 5. Hotel was very clean (minus a little dirt in the shower grout corner...), breakfast was satisfactory, and very quiet. I never heard any interior noise from guests and we were right by lobby. We did back up to the Interstate, but the noise was minimal. The hotel is also across a parking lot from Dunkin Donuts - perfect for coffee as you are leaving! Also, the front desk staff was very friendly.

The only downside is that I could tell the bed/pillows were lower quality than I'm used too. They seemed a little flat. The fridge also did not seem very cold. But, those factors would not prevent me from staying here again to accommodate my family on a budget.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family