“Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
“Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This Sleep Inn was one of the best we have stayed at. Room was very clean, towels soft and white., front desk receptionist very helpful, internet service was good and tv reception was excellent,all in all a very nice room. Plus you can get 10% off your meal when you eat at the nearby Starlite Diner.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor facing the highway. I would suggest a room facing the parking area...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HARRY D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Right off the highway, this hotel offers a nice clean room, a very friendly staff, with restaurants in walking distance. Sleep Inn's have smaller rooms than the other "Choice" hotels, but very comfortable for a night or two stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank steveslj
Mashpee, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We tried this Sleep Inn when our usual choice was full. We may not be going back to the other hotel.

The rooms were large and clean, the bedding was crisp & clean and the beds were good.

One of our party is a smoker and they were pleased they had a proper area outdoors for them to sit and have a smoke.

The breakfast area was large and well stocked. The bacon and egg patties left a bit to be desired of. Granted the breakfast was acceptable and good enough considering we were paying less than 80 for the rooms.

Would recommend this location.

The only down side for us was no pool for the daughter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wcstory
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great experience here at the Sleep Inn. I was on the 1st floor, and heard no noise at all. Just had to keep the curtains closed because of folks walking their dogs right past my window, but that didn't bother me. The location is very convenient, with restaurants right at the other end of the parking lot (Boston Pizza, Dunkin Donuts). I used the outer door next to the Staybridge Suites that was mentioned in another review, and it had the key card machine on it and was locked, so I had no safety issues. The room had a smoke detector and sprinkler.
The amenities were great - mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. The A/C even had one of those little diverters so all the cool air doesn't blow right up into the curtains. The work desk and chair were very nice, and the internet was fast and free, with the option of wired or wireless. I loved the shower stall which had a safety grip bar on the wall and a door. Personally I prefer that to showering in a tub with a curtain. Nice temperature and water pressure, too.
Check in and check out were quick and easy. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank coaster8
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This past weekend my boyfriend and I made a very good decision by staying in this hotel. On Friday night we attended a concert in Bethlehem and decided to stay at this hotel, even though it was a little bit further, because it had much better reviews. Check-in was a breeze. I wasn't able to catch the Front Desk agent's name but I wish I had because he deserves some recognition! He was super friendly, helpful, and was even able to accommodate a special request I had made. Upon getting on the third floor we were kind of met with a musty-like smell. Wasn't a huge deal, probably just caused by humidity and laundry. The room was very nice and just right. Only weird thing is that there was no sound on any of the tv stations we tried. It didn't inconvenience us too much but should probably be looked at for future guests. The bed was very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. Other than the minor inconveniences, we only had one major problem and that was the attitude of the breakfast attendant in the morning. The cinnamon waffle mix was extremely thick and difficult to get out of the dispenser. I have worked breakfast before at my current hotel and I have dealt with the issue in the past. So, the guest behind me thought that it was empty and I told her that it just needed more water. Well the attendant stomped over to us and said "It's not empty! I just checked it." I let her know that it probably needed more water (in a nice way) and she acted like I kicked her puppy or something. Like I said, I have worked breakfast before and was just trying to help her out. She mustn't have seen it that way though since she just gave me major attitude. We will probably still visit again and just hope that there is a friendlier breakfast attendant.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are silent :)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank K8LYNNC
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed here previous times, The Sleep Inn West in Allentown/Fogelsville PA still offers a clean & comfortable room, fridge & flat screen TV... No Bathtub is offered, just a large shower area. Had a room facing the interstate & it wasn't noisy at all, more relaxing than bothersome. Breakfast area was clean & stocked. Wifi Signal was strong on the 1st Floor.

2 Complaints -- Being on the 1st Floor, did hear the guests upstairs from us jumping around on the bed. So next time I would get a upper floor.... -- 2nd - The Door on the side of the hotel closer to the Staybridge Suties was working properly on my 1st night, but the 2nd night - the Key Card machine outside the door was gone. Literally pulled completely off the wall & the exterior door opened without verification of a key card. Thus anyone could just walk right in.. Perhaps it was being fixed or something, but the hotel should have just locked the door & put signage up the door is O.O.S... This was not the case, so the feeling of lack of security was apparent the 2nd night.

Otherwise - very nice sleep inn property - Would return in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are quieter - but rooms facing the interstate provide a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AMTK41
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was in Allentown PA looking for a cheap, nice, clean place to stay and I found it. Sleep Inn, Allentown has by far the best customer service of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Cindy at the front desk is a sweet heart. Not only did she answer all of my silly questions but she did so and a fun and professional manor. Also I over slept and needed an extended checkout time with out any hesitation she offered me 2 extra hours. And I needed them too. :) Over all the room was great. A refrigerator, Microwave, coffee and many other extras that just made me feel at home. Thank you Cindy for putting my with zany personality and helping out in so many ways. You made my stay excellent. I will definitely recommend Sleep Inn Allentown to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Cindy is very fair. Any questions or concerns you have she will be sure to accommodate you in any wa...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo