“BED BUGS!!!!!”

Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
New York City, New York
“BED BUGS!!!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

$84 For a Night. Small Filthy Pool/Hot Tub!! Filthy Tub Stained Toilet Bowl!!. Torn Worn Mattress And Sofa Pull Out!!! To Top It All Off Bed Bugs!!!! And When I Confront The Manager I Was Told I Can Give You A Refund And Get Out!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KingKi90

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
PA
Reviewed February 28, 2014

In my view, this hotel never disappoints. My preference, when staying at this hotel, is a suite, due to the close proximity to the pool and relaxing Jacuzzi. The size of a suite is perfect for my family of four, the kids are never underfoot! I'm always pleased with the internet connection, which also helps keep the kinds entertained. Our winter skiing trips and summer Dorney Park trips always lead us back to HoJo, our mini-vacation "home away from home". Staff and housekeeping are always warm and welcoming, remembering us from past stays.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
FourStar1, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hello GroveGirl

Thank you for sharing your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with our competitive rates, friendly staff and our convenient location. We appropriate you and your business thank you from the entire staff. We look forward to your next trip to Allentown.
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I would highly recommend this Howard Johnson locationt. The management and staff are very helpful and pleasant.its in a very convenient location with many attractions close by. we stayed here on an extended stay and found this to be an excellent choice.there is a Perkins restaurant next door and other food choices across the street as well.the front desk staff has always been quick to be receptive to any of my needs.if you're looking for a good value with a helpful staff this would be an excellent choice in the Allentown area.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello PaJustrelax,

Thank you for sharing your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with our competitive rates, friendly staff and our convenient location. Again, we thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next trip to Allentown.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Well worth the money I spent. I had a reservation for a room with two beds. They were sold out of their "standard" rooms I was told. I didn't expect it to be so busy. I was upgraded to their suites for free, great customer service. Be sure to ask them for upgrades when you book with them.

They have a great indoor pool and the suites were right by the pool. We planned on going out for the night but after seeing this hotel, we just stepped out for a couple of hours and stayed in and relaxed in their toasty Jacuzzi.

Travel quite a bit to Allentown and this will be the place I will book with. When you book directly with them, they offered way better rates than Expedia which I usually use.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Cranked4fun,

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel was convenient to our destination. The room and bath were very clean and tidy, TV worked well, and we both had a good night's sleep. The breakfast was more than adequate and the coffee was some of the best hotel coffee I've had. A lot of places seem to make it on the weak side, but Howard Johnson was perfect. That alone would bring me back for another stay! Only one tiny complaint, the Wi-Fi was very slow, possibly because the rooms were sold out and everyone was using. However, this would not factor into our decision to return.

Hello Deva85

Thank you for sharing your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with our competitive rates, friendly staff and our convenient location. We just upgraded our WiFi to accommodate more people online. Again, we thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next trip to Allentown.
Hawthorne, New Jersey
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel was pretty run down. I don't think the mattress has ever been changed, you could feel the springs in your back. On the second night, after being out all day I wanted to just sleep and there was a bed bug on my pillow!!!!!!!!!!!! I left as fast as I could and had to drive home. I was reimbursed for 1 night. They have no management on site on the weekend, so that's all the front desk people could do. First thing Monday morning, I will be working on a full refund.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FourStar1, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Management is always on call during the weekend and front desk did call and discussed the issue with management ,you were given cash the front desk staff had available. On Monday Management did offer you a full refund for your stay. We do have a pest control company that does preventive maintenance, they will be able to let us know if the room had bedbugs.
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My kids and I stayed here for an overnight trip to see some family in the area. We picked this hotel because it has an indoor pool. If this hotel was recently renovated it didn't look it to me. Overall I thought the hotel was pretty rundown and I wouldn't even consider staying there again.

Hello Jim

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We regret your stay was not a pleasant one, we are always looking for our quests honest review to improve and serve you better . We are constantly improving our property to meet our guests needs. We have competitive rates, friendly staff and are conveniently located Again, thank you for your feedback.