“Just what we needed.”

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Allentown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I arrived I went to my room and noticed a few things wrong smoke detector was hanging off wall, I went and told management and was immedietely moved to another room. I like this hotel because it didn't break the bank was in a great location within walking distance to dorney park and was quiet. Overall all this hotel needs is an upgrade hover rid of bubble tvs and get new flat screens so the picture comes in clear overall I give it a 4 star.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FourStar1, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
tommy2times

Thank you for sharing your stay at our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with our competitive rates, friendly staff and our convenient location. Again, we thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next trip to Allentown.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here to attend Drag racing and Dorney Park Haunt. Our room wasn't ready as promised. The only plus about our stay at this HJ is our suite was large. However there were so many bads about our stay. The outside doors to the hotel are never locked(the staff has taped the locks so they do not lock) so anyone can just walk into the hotel at night. Some of the people/guest are shady and questionable looking. The pool area is so cold as if they are trying to save on the heating bill, and only half the lights are on so the area is totally relying on the sunlight from daylight in which makes the area very dimly lit. However at night the lights are allowed on. the Jacuzzi was not working during our stay. the rooms are paper thin, so you can hear everyone's conversation. The front desk attendant was rude not very friendly one bit. I only interacted with 3 employees during my stay and only one of them was actually pleasant to deal with. The hotel in general needs so much repair. There is rust, mold, peeling, cheap uncomfortable seating and the towels are warn rough and dingy(one of my towels actually had a huge hole in it) The coffee in the lobby had been watered down way way to much. The tv volume only goes up to a preset volume and you cannot hear the tv if the AC is on. This HJ rations out all its amenities to guests(toilet paper, wash cloths, lotion, etc.) Next time around, I wouldn't stay here even if it were the only hotel available within a 30 mile radius to Dorney Park.

Room Tip: There is a Perkins and Dunkin Donuts within walking distance.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gypsyeyes_12
FourStar1, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hello our valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We regret your stay was not a pleasant one, we are always looking for our quests honest review to improve and serve you better. We are constantly improving our property to meet our guest needs. We have competitive rates, friendly staff and are conveniently located Again, thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was cheap and you get what you pay for. There were stains on all the linens; sheets, pillow cases, bedspreads, and towels. Everything was very old and nasty looking. The whole toilet moved when it was sat on. This place needs serious upgrading.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
FourStar1, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hellow HSNOKE1, Thank you for your feedback. We have installed Hampton Inn style carpets and new beds. We would love to have you return and enjoy all our newly updated hotel. Howard Johnsons Inn and Suites is conveniently located walking distance to Dorney Park and many restaurants in the area. We have free Breakfast, High speed Internet, indoor pool and Jacuzzi.
Flushing
Reviewed September 16, 2013

It is hard to rate this property, because this was the second time I visited this property in the past two weeks. My first stay was fantastic (rm 135). The pool was great (except when it was closed early our last night), the wi-fi worked great, and we had perfect cell service. I was so impressed by the hotel that I booked it for the following weekend

My second stay was disappointing (rm 106). We had a view of the outside walls of the motel, the cable stations had a lot of static on them, the wi-fi was very very weak, and we had no cell service. We had to go outside in the front lobby to make a phone call. The only way I could get the weak wi-fi service was to put the ironing board near the door and use my laptop there to log on to the internet to complete reports for my job. Due to the wi-fi being so weak, we left 12 hours earlier than I planned.

This location really needs to work on their wi-fi and cell phone service. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, but they did nothing to correct the wi-fi and cell phone problems.

I don't think I would stay here again, because I can't take the chance of getting poor internet and cell phone service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

2 Thank walter f
Mr. Walter, Thank you so much for your business and sincere feedback. Your business means the world to us. We would like to invite you back again. We have updated our internet service to the highest capacity so that each room has better access to use devices without any slowdown.