“Great place to stay!”

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Allentown/Dorney
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

The Howard Johnson is a great place to stay. The location is perfect and there's plenty of things to do around it. There are close by restaurants and right next door to Dorney Park. The rooms were spacious and always clean. The staff are very friendly and since they are from the area, very helpful! Definitely a good price, indoor pool and jacuzzi in the hotel!

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank Cgamez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Manalapan, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Howard Johnson was impressive. Room was clean. I loved the free microwave and refrigerator. It made my stay so much better. The friendly staff made me feel like home. Nothing against my lovely wife. LOL. The Wifi was super fast. The location is in the best part of town with easy access to 78 and rt 22. Since I am a doctor, the hospitals were nearby. My heart group will be back next month. Thank you HOJO Allentown.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Pal_K_12
Orefield, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Staying ay this hotel was arelaxing and enjoyable experiance. The hotel stay (Shelly) was great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alicia L
Wilkes-Barre
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stay frequently at the Allentown Howard Johnson Inn and Suites while traveling on business. It has become my hotel of choice when traveling. The staff is always friendly and I receive a welcome you would think would be reserved for special family and friends.
The hotel is constantly changing and improving things. The beds are brand new and the pool area has been transformed into a relaxing oasis that allows me to get away from the daily grind for a little while.
My company appreciates the fair rate that I receive each time I visit. And with a great night's rest, and an outstanding breakfast to begin each day, I can honestly say that staying at this hotel definitely helps my workday be more productive.

The Allentown Howard Johnson Inn and Suites is also conveniently located across the street from Dorney Park and I will definitely be bringing my family to stay there this summer.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Allentown area on business or pleasure. They CONSISTENTLY IMPRESS!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Lin H
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The overall stay was pleasant. Nice greeting at check in. Room was clean and neat. Breakfast bar was well kept and fresh. Would definitely come back!! Plus the price fit into my budget!!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank lilsecret27
Dayton, NJ
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We were skeptical when we booked the hotel after looking at the reviews. Now that we have experienced it, we'll be definitely returning every year.
We stayed in a suite and the price we paid for it was a steal. The indoor pool was warm and wonderful (the kids didn't want to get out and it did help in tiring out a couple of hyperactive kids). The staff were very professional and helpful. The beds were amazing, didn't feel like getting out of it. I would say some things were a little dated and I would recommend changing it out like the carpet. Though it was old it was clean. Perkins was right next door and we had a discount since we were saying at the hotel. Overall it was a very relaxing weekend.

Room Tip: Call the hotel front desk to reserve. They gave me a rate cheaper than anything I found online.