“Nice clean quiet hotel”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Allentown
Toronto, Canada
“Nice clean quiet hotel”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Rooms are new, clean & comfortable. Quiet place, a bit out of the way, but very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank cjf36
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your positive comments about your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I brought my 2 dogs and husband with me for a charity walk on Saturday. The room was cheap and clean. The staff were wonderful.
The rooms definitely need upgraded and the bed was uncomfortable.
The hotel had the nicest continental breakfast I'd ever seen, surpassing that of a 4-star hotel I stayed at once.
Great for a quick, overnight stay. No bed bugs.

Room Tip: Make sure to use AAA if you have it!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank megan0627
DE
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed here overnight with my cat since it is pet friendly. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The only negative thing is the noise the heating/ AC units make but that's not even that bad.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank Mondie3
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your visit at the Allentown Comfort Inn. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs when visiting the Lehigh Valley.
Clinton, New Jersey
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed one night to attend a seminar at a nearby hotel. I usually stay at Comfort Inns/Suites and generally find them to be ok to good. I am giving this hotel 5 stars because it suited my needs, not that it was a 5 star establishment. This is your typical Comfort hotel. It was clean and quiet, lots of parking. It is located right off of the major highway of Route 78, but it was quiet and I could not hear any highway noise. At this exit, there are many hotels to choose from. I paid $80 for my parents and I. Everything was ok to fine. At the breakfast, I did notice the french toast and no waffels. Didn't try the french toast, but thought it was a bit odd to have premade french toast and then you have to warm it up. Also, breakfast was from 6-9am.... I don't think this hotel had a pool, but I didn't need one anyway, so I didn't care. The hotel is starting to show a slight bit of wear, scuffmarks, etc.but that was ok. The only think that surprised me was that the sidewalks surrounding the building were very broken up, probably due to a poor concrete mix when they were originally done. This was not apparent so much in the front of the building, but the sides and the back sidewalks were not good. It was dark when we arrived back at the hotel and we had to be careful where we were walking. This was the only downside to this hotel. I would stay here again if I need to return to the area. There is a Cracker Barrel and Rite Aid across the street and on the other side, there is the Starlight Diner. A great restaurant to try if you are in the area is the Buckeye Tavern, which is less than 10 minutes away. I have eaten here several times and it is always good. I took my fussy senior parents there and they enjoyed it very much. Forgot to mention, the free internet service worked great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ssg47
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Bed bugs woke us up at 2:30am. Killed two and was not able to go back to sleep after that. Writing this review to warn others.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NBkid
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Our hotel does not have a problem with bed bugs. We are serviced monthly from Ehrlich Pest Control. I apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have had during your stay with us, but rest assured our hotel does not have bed bugs.
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 15, 2010

When we crossed into Pennsylvania, we picked up the free motel/hotel coupon guides, and as we up I-81 from MD to Harrisburg, my wife found a coupon for this hotel, so we drove another hour to the Allentown area. I presented the desk clerk with the coupon only to be told that they didn't accept the coupons on Friday and Saturday nights. I mentioned that it did not say that, and he snottily retorted that it states "Subject to Availability". They must only do one or two rooms at the coupon rates, because they had plenty of rooms at the regular rate, a full $40 more than the coupon. Given that it was after 10 PM, and we were tired, I booked a room, not being in any mood to go elsewhere.

The room was adequate, the continental breakfast about what you'd expect, but not worth $109 a night. I complained on checkout about the misleading advertising, and the lady standing next time me said that they had been mislead, too! I told the clerk that they should refund my $40 or I would give them a bad review (this one) about deceptive advertising, and she half-heartedly tried to give me $10 off. Unfortunately, she had "computer errors" (I used to work at a motel as a night auditor, so I saw through the deception), and that they would send me a $10 check in the mail. A week later, still no check.

They are owned by Hillwood Hotels, so I will not stay at a Hillwood Hotel due to the false advertising.

As far as quality, adequate at best, but there are a dearth of restaurants nearby. Next time I am on I-78, I will keep driving east to Bethlehem or Easton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Bartman40s
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We were going to the Kutztown Festival and as it’s about 90 miles from our Home we decided to stay overnight and go to the Festival in the morning.
Traveling were my Wife and I and two of our Grandchildren 11 & 12 a Boy and a Girl.
We booked two rooms non-smoking with two double beds per room. the rate was reasonable, with the AAA Discount the rooms came to $89.09 each taxes included, we divided up the kids so one would stay with each of us.
The rooms were very nice and quiet, hardly and corridor noise if any. I loved that each bed had four pillows per bed the bed was firm, our rooms had a refrigerator and microwave and a TV with HBO.
The bathroom was very nice with plenty of hot water and great pressure.
The Breakfast is in a room used as a Lounge in the evening, there was the typical Continental Breakfast, what was really nice was that the bananas were ripe and sweet, but alas there were no Waffles, what was substituted was premade French Toast that you could warm in the Waffle Iron, my Grandson liked them.
All in all I will stay here again when traveling to the Festival.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family