“Disappointing First Visit”

JW Hall's Steak & Seafood Inn
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Aliquippa
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing First Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Recommended by friends, this was a less than wonderful experience. Service was off, our server brought hubbys soup with his dinner, "forgot" ....my salad did not come out until I asked for it, after my dinner was served....no apology. Our dinners..."The Mariner" was enjoyed by my husband, but overpriced at $25.99 for what he received. I had the Greek pasta, which was a lot of pasta and very little else. I had to ask for Feta cheese, and the olives instead of being kalamata were plain black olives. Manager stopped by and we chatted about our experience, and he comped our drinks. I told him we will give hime a second change and we will, but I don't think this will go on my favorites list.

Visited August 2013

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
“What a selection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

They have such a great selection of items. Have had a small wedding reception, business lunches and romantic dinners there. Have been very happen with the service and the food every time. The atmosphere is great, very inviting.

Visited May 2013
pittsburgh
“Always a great meal and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just wanted everyone to know that JW Halls is a great place for dinner (and lunch too). The service is always great. I usually get the crab cakes (my daughter laughs because I almost always get them) - they're served with a tasty sauce. Also get their baked sweet potatoes with their cinnamon butter. The salad bar is always being refilled.

Halls is a great place for family get togethers, girls night out, and they have a room in the back for small gatherings (meetings, funeral luncheons, etc).

• Visited April 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Great place!! Salad bar!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Although we live in the area just went for the first time. Large menu with great options. Obviously not like eating seafood on the coast, but I have always loved a lobster pot. (Langostino). We also had a stuffed filet that was excellent. No one has a salad bar anymore and their's is fresh, well stocked and good. Prices are higher than many local places but for the quality I think they are not bad. Good Service, as well. Worth the visit and will be going back!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank bodhi0916
Pittsburgh North
“May be on to something pretty good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

In my ongoing quest to find a really good restaurant in Beaver County, I gave J.W. Hall's a try. A friend of mine and I went there on a Saturday evening and decided to have a drink at the bar while waiting for a table. We ended up with the after-mass crowd of 50+ couples that apparently make it a point to go there for dinner nearly every week. I relied on these regulars for recommendations, including the salmon I ordered -- to die for! Not as impressed with the spots that the kind gentleman next to me insisted I try from his plate. My friend really enjoyed his stuffed pork chop. We both liked the salad bar - the selection was limited but kind of nice in that respect, and everything was fresh and nicely prepared. We felt so comfortable with this senior crowd, proud of the sports history of their area, we stayed at the bar. It was only later we learned that drinks were $5.50 each -- the bottom line of our bar tab a bit of a shock considering the area and ordinary atmosphere. The food prices, however, were fair. Thinking we were on to something, I stopped in again on a Friday afternoon for a fish sandwich. The fish was OK but the "quarter fries" the barmaid encouraged me to try were a baked potato cut into four hunks then warmed on the grill. One bite was enough for me -- too greasy. I was the only one at the bar not engaged in conversation so I asked that the TV be turned from a sports show with swimsuit models to the news or something a little less male-centric so the hostess switched to the TV guide channel -- oh what fun watching the programming guide show channels I couldn't watch. I asked again only to have the owner switch to another sports channel with a panel of blabbering commentators. If they had been busy, I wouldn't have cared but there were so many staff standing around talking while I waited for service, I left feeling like I wouldn't go back. In hindsight, I think the owner has a genuine interest in customer satisfaction, so I'll give them another try (although I'll enjoy a cocktail or two before I get there). They have music on Friday nights now, so that may be the thing that gets me back there. J.W. Halls could end up being a place I go to every now and then, especially when I want to be around an older crowd. I hope the Friday afternoon experience was a fluke and that first visit was more indicative of what I will normally enjoy.

• Visited March 2013