“One of our all time favorites”
Review of Inn At Maple Grove

Inn At Maple Grove
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Alburtis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Have always had a great meal here - regardless of it being steak, veal, or seafood. The wait staff has always been attentive, checking back with us often to make sure our meal was satisfactory and we have enough drinks, bread, etc. The owner is always very friendly and when he's not at the grill, he chats with the clientele. We don't get there often, maybe only a few times a year, but it's always an evening we look forward to.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We live very close and never ate here. I won a gift certificate, so we decided to try it out. I called for a reservation and was given a time of 6pm. When we got there, the bar was mostly full, and about 4 tables had patrons. I don't know why we could not have come at 5pm when we wanted to. In any event, we were seated at a table by the fireplace. It is was dark and cozy. I tried to check in online, but there was absolutely no wireless signal. We were given the main menu with very high prices on it. I did my research before we went and knew there was a 'light fare' menu with similar foods, but lower prices. I had to ask for the other menu. Our waitress was very nice, however extremely slow. She also was not familiar with how the dishes were prepared. I asked how the stuffed potatoes were prepared and she gave me a vague description. I told her I could not have onion. At no point, did she tell me that the stuffed potatoes had onion. I ordered the 6oz filet from the Lighter Fare menu with the stuffed potatoes. I only had one bite and knew there were onions in it. At no time did the waitress check back with us to see how our food was. It also took a very long time for our food to arrive. It was at least 30 minutes from when we ordered to food delivery. My husband ordered the 'Inn Burger' which was supposed to have Thousand Island/Russian dressing and come with coleslaw. The burger was unremarkable, and they did not include the coleslaw or the dressing. The fries were good. Around 6:30, the crowd started to pick up and it got extremely loud. The highlight of the meal was the homemade bread. The bus girl came to clear my plate and asked if I wanted a box for the potato. I told her no, that it had onion and I couldn't eat it. The waitress came to give us the check and asked how it all was, I told her about the potato. At no point was I offered a replacement or any kind of credit on the bill. I think this place has some nice ambience, but the food is over-priced for the mediocrity and poor service. Thank goodness we had a gift certificate. The meal only cost me $5 plus tip. We probably will not return unless I win another gift certificate.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went to dinner on a business trip and enjoyed the place. I love history and this place had it.
We all had steaks and everyone enjoyed them. I got mine medium and it was over cooked but flavor was nice. Talked with the owner and enjoyed that. He gave me a sheet on the history of the building .

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was the tenth visit in as many years to this restaurant. Previous experience ranged from fair to good. This last visit terminated future experience. The dining room and bar occupy the same dimly lit space. Rough, cold and gloomy could describe the decor. We were seated next to a drafty but silent and inactive fireplace. Only ten guests were in the dining area, our party comprising eight of the ten. It required 57 minutes for our dinners to arrive and we were ignored during most of that time. My salad was warm and the dish of veal picatta was cold, likely just removed from the refrigerator. The coagulated sauce bonded the meat to the dish. It took five minutes to summon the elusive server. A barely suitable replacement dish was provided in another ten minutes. The manager/owner presiding at the bar gave no indication he had dining guests. My family completed their meals by the time I had received mine. In total a huge disappointment with failures in environment, service and food, all at a premium price.

2  Thank Jorgeffaph
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Aside from being a significant historical landmark, the Inn at Maple Grove has a delightfully relaxed, ambiance with both the dining room and bar occupying the same room. The owner/manager is also the chef and serves a perfectly cooked steak at a very reasonable price. We've been there several times and have never been disappointed with the beef. We tend toward the filet but their prime rib is also noteworthy. Our well-traveled friend never fails to order a genuine Manhattan, which comes with a filled sidecar. He claims it's the best he's had. If you find yourself hankering for a fine steak and you don't feel like getting all gussied up, throw on a pair of jeans and try the Inn at Maple Grove. You won't be disappointed.