“A Quiet Forest Hideaway”
other travelers have booked this property
Front of House Front of house
Front of House
Front of house
Front Yard
Back yard
Basement: Foosball table, movie chair area, pool table and dry bar
Sitting area: reclining movie chairs
Dry Bar
Master bedroom with queen and twin bed and full bath with jacuzzi tub
Bedroom 1..Master with Queen and twin bed and full bath with jacuzzi tub
Foyer
Bathroom 1
Boating Area for NON power boats
Main Lake
Club Huse and playground at main lake
Activity Sign on main roads in the development
Development Road
Pool
Main Lake
Activity Sign for Seneca pool 1 of 2
Seneca pool 1 of 2
Entry into development ...check in gate
Roads in development
Boulder Lake Beach
Boulder Lake
Boulder Lake
River running out of twin lake
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jeush J
New York City, New York
“A Quiet Forest Hideaway”
Reviewed October 9, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed here from Sept 13 - 15 for a quick weekend getaway. My friends and I looked to do some activities around the Pocono Mountain area, but we didn't want to stay at a hotel. That;s when I found the Howard Red Cabin, quietly nestled away in a private community not too far most of the major attractions, including the Tanger Outlets and Camelback.

Since this was the first time I booked a vacation rental, I didn't know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms, living areas, and kitchen were well-kept and clean. The beds were comfortable, and there was enough to keep us entertained when we were dog tired from doing our thing. Netflix, anyone?

Perhaps my most favorite thing about the cabin was the vast amount of things to do when you're there, done with your day. The cabin has a plethora of televisions, two of which have access to Internet video services, such as Netflix and Hulu. A pool table and Foosball table were also available for anyone willing to place a wager on the line. Our nights were almost as fun as our days.

What I'd like to to see improve is the upkeep of the outside equipment. While it wasn't a big deal, we wanted to make use of the fire pit. We were unsure about using it because we saw that rust had eaten away the bottom and we didn't want to end up breaking it.

Overall, I highly recommend this vacation rental. Our contact was prompt and courteous and answered all of my questions with a timely response. If you're looking for a cozy hideaway as a launching pad for Pocono Mountain activities, this would be the place to park your spaceship.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
New York
Reviewed November 4, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Nov 4, 2013
We are so glad you chose to stay here with us at the Howard Red Cabin and that your group had a great stay.
Monique P
New York, New York, United States
“A weekend to never forget”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

At first I was a bit skeptical about the whole house rental idea, but I must say I am so happy I threw my doubts out the window. I along with 8 of my friends stayed here November 1 - 3 and it was beyond amazing. First to start with the owner, although I have never personally met her, she kept in constant contact with me throughout the booking process until we left the house. She answered all my little questions and she was nothing but kind and polite. Now for the house, the gated community was great and by following all instructions we had no problem getting pass the gate. The house itself was truly amazing, everything listed in the description and more. There are surprises but only good ones, pictures do not really show how gorgeous inside is,down stairs without a doubt is my favorite, ulimate entertainment area,we absolutely LOVED it !!!
Ps.we got to have breakfast with deers, which was amazing haha. Would definitely go back here

Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing