“A wonderful stay!”

and 1 more site!
Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Addison B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Kitty and David really make you feel at home away from home. The rooms were great in a quiet location, breakfast was delicious (the orange scones and ginger syrup were delectable), and the B&B owners have so many great suggestions for places to eat and visit in the area. If you are looking for somewhere to stay to visit Fallingwater or Kentuck Knob, this B&B is in a good location. Definitely stop in for a night if you are in the area...you'll leave full with a smile on your face.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed April 7, 2013

It is hard to think of one detail lacking at the Hartzell House. Kitty and David are the perfect hosts, and seem to be clairvoyant in their ability to know exactly what guests need. The food is beyond scrumptious, the rooms impeccable. This was our second visit to the HH, hopefully with many more to follow.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hartzell House was our first experience at a bed and breakfast and in our opinion, David and Kitty have set the bar exceedingly high. The home was beautifully decorated, all of the rooms were unique with excellent finishes, and it had lots of great touches like snacks throughout the facility, refrigerators in the guest suites, an incredibly comfortable bed, a cozy common area with board games and a pool table, and comfy couches with fireplaces. David and Kitty's recommendation for a restaurant for dinner was the perfect choice with delicious unique dishes, they also recommended a country store/bakery along our return trip that made the best pies, we really enjoyed stopping there and the pie was amazing. The town of Addison seemed quite small, so it is a bit of a drive to restaurants, but that didn't bother us, and the benefits of Hartzell House definitely outweighed any drive to grab a bite to eat. There are 2 ski resorts about 30 minutes away, so we will probably visit them on our return trip to Hartzell House.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The waffles...delicious, the vibe...great, our privacy was unparallel, what else can I say we loved our overnight stay at Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast!
My wife and kid's decided to go to Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob for Easter weekend 2013. Our experience was super thanks to Kitty and her husband.
Tastefully inviting! Super place to stay

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is one of the best B&Bs I have ever stayed in. I think the three things that were the best were the owners, the furnishings and the food. The owners, besides being really nice, were very accommodating. They would change their plans to fit in last minute changes on our part. They also were very happy to help you figure out what you wanted to do while out and about. The furnishings were incredibly tasteful and not overwhelming and yet there was anything you could possibly want from games to movies to reading material to binoculars for the birds! Finally, the food was exquisite! I am a meat and potatoes person and if you had told me I would be eating some of the foods I did (and enjoyed tremendously), I would have said you were crazy! From fruit smoothies to stuffed French toast to paninis. It was all really good and really healthy!

I would recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone!

Oh, and, I slept on the fold out couch with a bad back and it was as comfortable as any bed!

Jennifer Smith

Room Tip: Go to the website and look around. It is really well built and informative.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I always do my homework searching reviews and all were great for this place with raves about the food. Stayed in September 2012 and all reviews were correct. Great place, great hosts and great breakfasts! Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob were just a short drive from Addison. Kitty was helpful with dining locations and a great antique place in Maryland. David is truly a gourmet cook. Really enjoyed our stay and would love to come back again this year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a much needed weekend getaway. I found the Hartzell House online and wanted to stay here because of the reviews online and the description of the food. I have to say the breakfasts were fantastic. There were always a few items to choose from and it was hard to choose. My husband and I always got something different so we could share. There was a light first course usually consisting of a homemade pastry and fruit and yogurt followed by a main course. We ate later in the morning so we only needed a light lunch later in the afternoon.
The house itself was very warm and inviting. We stayed in the original part of the house. I loved the history of the home, and it was very well decorated with plush furniture and warm lighting. Sometimes B&B's can feel very museum like where you are afraid to touch anything. This was not the case here.
The hospitality provided by Kitty and David was top notch. They were available to chat, but also respected our privacy. David provided extra logs on the fire so my husband and I could enjoy a glass of wine late in the evening. We loved learning about their home and all the work they have done. Every square inch is very well thought out and you can tell they had the guests in mind when doing the work. They were very accomodating on all aspects of our trip.
We had a wonderful weekend and were able to relax and reconnect. Thank you David and Kitty, we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
Hampton Inn Uniontown
#1 of 2 in Connellsville
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
Log Cabin Lodge and Suites
#1 of 1 in Jones Mills

Been to Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!