“Yummy”

and 1 more site!
Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Addison B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The waffles...delicious, the vibe...great, our privacy was unparallel, what else can I say we loved our overnight stay at Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast!
My wife and kid's decided to go to Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob for Easter weekend 2013. Our experience was super thanks to Kitty and her husband.
Tastefully inviting! Super place to stay

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is one of the best B&Bs I have ever stayed in. I think the three things that were the best were the owners, the furnishings and the food. The owners, besides being really nice, were very accommodating. They would change their plans to fit in last minute changes on our part. They also were very happy to help you figure out what you wanted to do while out and about. The furnishings were incredibly tasteful and not overwhelming and yet there was anything you could possibly want from games to movies to reading material to binoculars for the birds! Finally, the food was exquisite! I am a meat and potatoes person and if you had told me I would be eating some of the foods I did (and enjoyed tremendously), I would have said you were crazy! From fruit smoothies to stuffed French toast to paninis. It was all really good and really healthy!

I would recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone!

Oh, and, I slept on the fold out couch with a bad back and it was as comfortable as any bed!

Jennifer Smith

Room Tip: Go to the website and look around. It is really well built and informative.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I always do my homework searching reviews and all were great for this place with raves about the food. Stayed in September 2012 and all reviews were correct. Great place, great hosts and great breakfasts! Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob were just a short drive from Addison. Kitty was helpful with dining locations and a great antique place in Maryland. David is truly a gourmet cook. Really enjoyed our stay and would love to come back again this year.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a much needed weekend getaway. I found the Hartzell House online and wanted to stay here because of the reviews online and the description of the food. I have to say the breakfasts were fantastic. There were always a few items to choose from and it was hard to choose. My husband and I always got something different so we could share. There was a light first course usually consisting of a homemade pastry and fruit and yogurt followed by a main course. We ate later in the morning so we only needed a light lunch later in the afternoon.
The house itself was very warm and inviting. We stayed in the original part of the house. I loved the history of the home, and it was very well decorated with plush furniture and warm lighting. Sometimes B&B's can feel very museum like where you are afraid to touch anything. This was not the case here.
The hospitality provided by Kitty and David was top notch. They were available to chat, but also respected our privacy. David provided extra logs on the fire so my husband and I could enjoy a glass of wine late in the evening. We loved learning about their home and all the work they have done. Every square inch is very well thought out and you can tell they had the guests in mind when doing the work. They were very accomodating on all aspects of our trip.
We had a wonderful weekend and were able to relax and reconnect. Thank you David and Kitty, we will be back!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first time staying at a bed and breakfast, and as someone who is used to staying in hotels, I was skeptical. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my stay at Hartzell House was much more comfortable and convenient than my typical hotel experiences.

Kitty and David are wonderful hosts. They seemed to have a sixth sense about just how much socializing we were in the mood for, and were solicitous without being obtrusive. We decided to follow their advice on where to eat in the area, and were not disappointed. Kitty also has a really comprehensive itinerary for a day trip to and from Oakland, Maryland that's an enjoyable way to explore the area and has something that would appeal to everyone.

Their breakfast menus are impressive and no matter what you choose, it will be delicious. The portions are perfectly sized to be filling enough not to need a snack before lunch, but not too filling that you're too bloated to do anything.

The house is filled with comfortable places to lounge and have a glass of wine and play chess. The room itself was clean, beautifully decorated, and well-stocked with toiletries and common medications. The bed was very comfortable and I probably slept better than I do at home.

Room Tip: The Traveler's Room has a private bathroom, which is very convenient. We had the place to oursel...
1  Thank Teresa Q
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I surprised my husband for his birthday, and took him to see Falling Water, and to stay at Hartzell House. It was fantastic! We had the Angler's room and it was comfy, and cozy, and full of anything you could need, even the best smelling lotion! The breakfast was simply amazing, with three courses I was beyond full, and completely satisfied each time. Coffee was great, too. The place is stocked with snacks in case you get the munchies, and the owners were super hospitable. They made suggestions on where to eat out, and both times the restaurants were a hit. They even called ahead and got us into Autumn, last minute on a Friday night.

Room Tip: I think we had the smallest room, the Angler, but it was just perfect for a romantic getaway, and ha...
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is a pleasure to recommend the Hartzell House B+B 100%. Kitty and Dave are just terrific hosts. The whole place is beautiful, inspired, elegant, comfortable. Bed linens/dressing are sumptuous.
Each room a blend of elegance, attention to detail, with comfort and antiques galore put together with a designers aesthetic and an artists soul. Food is to-die-for, indulgent and super healthy.
From beginning to end this was an absolute lovely experience. Conveniently located to Fallingwater and the Purple Fiddle and many things in between. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Addison
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#3 of 10 in Confluence
Fox Castle Bed and Breakfast
Fox Castle Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 2 in Connellsville

Been to Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!