“"Old School German Food"”

Stoudt's Black Angus Restaurant & Brew Pub
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Adamstown
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our neighbor's Ava and Fritz found out we were camping near Adamstown and suggested we try Stoudt's for lunch. What a neat place. I thought I was back in Frankfurt for a day. They sat us in a booth and the atmosphere was warm and comfortable. My wife had the Jager Schnitzel, my daughter had the Beef Stroganoff and I chose the Blood Wurst Sausage. Great German Beers and Reisling rounded out a wonderful meal. Excellent salad and homemade bread. Definitely heading back when we are in the area!

There are newer reviews for Stoudt's Black Angus Restaurant & Brew Pub

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stopped in here in the middle of the day, so the place was basically empty. We thought it had a nice atmosphere/decor. Food and service were good, couple of things on the menu sounded good but a little pricey. Ended up with the fish & chips. Fish was good, coleslaw was nothing special.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Staff were all young and just being trained, so don't expect amazing service, but all friendly. Amazing quality breads, all fresh baked. So great sandwich here in the rear area of the antique area, I think open Sundays only. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Food was a wee bit overpriced. It was not crowded but they put us in an awkward spot near door and rest rooms. We thought they were a bit rude.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife and I went there after seeing a sign on the PA turnpike. It looks great from the outside and we were delighted by the inside especially the prudential artifacts and the room with the "guess the celebrity" game. Its rather hard!!
Service was great and attentive. I ordered the vege chili and my wife ordered oysters rockefeller. The server told us they were out of oyster rockefeller which was odd as it was only about 630.
I was extremely disappointed in the chili. It was more of a stew and rather bland. I was going to to with the Onion soup and changed my mind at the last minute. I didn't tell the server that the chili wasn't great and I should have.
I was happy that they had Jagerschnitzel on the menu. You don't see it at a lot of places and I was going it would be like the ones I enjoyed in Europe. I was delightfully surprised. Was it as good as it is in Germany, no. But its pretty close. The good was very large and we decided to forgo dessert in order to get back on the road. All in all it was good and we would more than likely return.