“Go for Beer, average food”

Stoudt's Black Angus Restaurant & Brew Pub
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Adamstown
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For the past 50 years, we've provided our guests with a casual yet sophisticated atmosphere, hand-cut aged steaks, fresh seafood and some traditional German favorites. We offer a seasonally changing menu with an emphasis on locally produced and organically farmed items featuring artisanal cheese and breads from our own Wonderful Good Market. Enjoy our award-winning hand-crafted beers, and signature martinis and cocktails. Stop in during the week for happy hour drink and appetizer specials. We are a family friendly establishment and welcome dogs in our patio area!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stoudt's has a great beer selection. I like lighter beer and settled on the Heifer in Wheat. I almost got the t shirt for this beer until my mom pointed out that it sounded too much like "Heifer in Heat" hahaha so I went for a tie dyed shirt insteand. I had a jaegerschnitnzel. My brother, who goes here often, got the fish and chips. The food here is pub grub; do not expect gourmet knock your socks off food. Expect well prepared, warm, comfort food that goes well with beer and you'll leave content. Despite all the beer, this place is kid friendly and has a kid menu.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My beloved and I were out for the day and decided to return to Adamstown to visit where he used to work, the hat company. He stated his co-workers always stated how wonderful this place was. We stopped. Well, the outside of the building is sorta cool and interesting, and when you enter the antique car is pretty neat too. That is about where the fun ends.

Good: Our waitress was good and attentive to serving. She knew when to return and when to check on us. She was also very accomodating when my food was not done properly.

Not so good. First I ordered a salad with a Balsmaic Vinegrette dressing. I was delivered a salad with something that had a honey mustard vinegrette dressing. Not exactly Balsamaic. I asked the waitress what it was, she said it was it. I attempted to eat it, just wasn't happening. However, she did offer to take it back. To be honest, it repulsed me so horribly, I just think if I tried I couldn't eat anything else that resembeled this. I let it sit.

I ordered a steak, well done. Well done does not mean pink center. It means well done. Once again, our waitress was very attentive. She did remove the steak from my plate and took it back to the kitchen. She then returned, with the same steak, and it was done. However, this time it was like shoe leather. Not sure what the ettiqute is with steak, however, if you take the same piece of meat and throw it in the microwave, it does acquire this rubbery shoe leather texture. Not quite what I was expecting. Overall, I was highly disappointed with my dinner.

My beloved ordered an angus burger. He ordered it well done. It came back bleeding and way too pink inside as well. He is not one that makes issues, so he ate it.

My suggestion is please educate your kitchen staff on how to properly prepare meats.

I will stress again, our waitress was very good and the service was good; however, I do not see us returning to this establishment due to the lack of flavor and the interesting experience it was for our pallet.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stopped here after visiting Shupp's Grove Flea Market. The lunch list is small but everything on it was very good. My husband had Weisssurst, which came with a sweet red cabbage and saurkraut and he loved it! I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was smoked. It was spiced with german flavors instead of the southern style I usually get and it was delicious: sweet, smokey with touches of anise and caraway. Served with freshly made french fries, really freshly made!
I would recommend this place highly if you are traveling east of Lancaster County.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mediocre meat. I've had better sirloins at chain restaurants. $45 for 2 is excessive for this quality of meal.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped here after a long, hot day looking at antique stores. We were pleased with the varied menu and yummy food. We'd eat here again if we're ever back in town.