“On way home from drag races”

Stoudt's Black Angus Restaurant & Brew Pub
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Adamstown
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Fords, New Jersey
“On way home from drag races”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a Saturday afternoon around 4:30 and got right in. The server was friendly and took our drink orders right away. We had the onion rings as an appetizer and they were wonderful. I'm not a fan of micro brews but my wife enjoyed the wheat beer. We were a party of four and all enjoyed the meal. I held back a star because the main course seemed to take a little long to come out, and my kielbasa sandwich was a little lite on kielbasa. Total for our table came out to $65, which I found very reasonable. If you are prudish you may have to cover your eyes in the restrooms- the artwork is a little risqué, but my teenager was suddenly interested in art.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank BigEandKenna

Cape May NJ
“Good Brew Pub”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were out all day shopping in Adamstown and decided to visit the Stoudt's brewery for a cold beer. The brewery was closed but, the restaurant was open so we decided to eat dinner. I ordered an American Pale Ale which went very well with the filet mignon that I ordered. My filet mignon was tender and full of flavor. The other three in our party were happy with their meals. I shared a piece of chocolate cake made with Fat Dog beer. I had a glass of Fat Dog beer to go with it and it was very good! Our waiter was very quiet, he forgot to tell us the specials, he did get us everything we asked for. Overall dinner was good and we would eat here on our next trip but, we will visit when we can tour the brewery.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank pdbCapeMayNJ
Stanardsville, Virginia
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband loves to visit breweries on our travels. Plus, we like the beer, so we thought we'd give a shot. The cheese plate was lackluster, the crab dip was so salty we couldn't finish it, and (gasp!!!) in a steak house, the $29 filet I ordered came back overcooked. It was still good, so no real loss there, but STILL ... overcooked filet is tragic.

We dealt with it, figuring the cheese and dip issues were our own taste preferences. My husband did say the shrimp cocktail was sublime and his filet was cooked to perfection. Our waitress was amazing, and despite a really loud group next to us, the ambiance was good. We likely won't go back for dinner. The price was way too high for the quality of the food.

• Visited June 2013
Birdsboro, PA, USA
“Just another micro-brewery restaurant”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was a fine dining restaurant many years back. It was made over into a micro-brewery/restaurant combination. The menu is large with choices from sandwiches, burgers to full meals. The decor is a full bar and main room and several side rooms for dining. It had a retro type look with wooden walls and decorations of the last mid-century. This contributed to a high decibel level when occupied by the screaming rugrat three tables away. Service was good, food was average. Beer was typical micro style with lots of different flavors and tastes. I don't like flowery and fruity flavors in my beer and only drank half of my American Ale. Was okay for a quick lunch since I was in the area but would not go out of my way to dine there again.

Visited June 2013
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Good food and even better beer”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

On a recent business trip I ate dinner twice in the restaurant. Both evenings, the food was tasty and prepared just right. I sampled the french Onion soup, the beef stroganoff, a strip steak and the cheesecake. The cheesecake in particular was excellent. The accompanying beer - they have a wide selection from their own brewery - was excellent too. The pub was undergoing some renovation while I was there, and in light of some of the more recent reviews for this place, I wonder if they renovated their staff too!! I had a great time.

• Visited May 2013