“not a good experience”
Review of Stoudtburg Village

Stoudtburg Village
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Adamstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Stoudtburg Village is primarily a residential hamlet that is reminiscent of a village in Germany. We have a few individually owned specialty shops, and a café that serves food and alcohol. The Village is always open for strolling our walkways and admiring the unique architecture and lovely gardens. You can also sit and relax in the plaza while listening to the sounds of the water splashing in the fountain. At the top of the fountain sits a cherub, affectionately known to villagers as "Peaches." We will let you figure out why :). Picture taking is a common occurrence in Stoudtburg Village. We often have wedding parties taking advantage of this beautiful location for pictures of their special day. So come and enjoy this unusual setting...take a stroll, sit and chat awhile, stay as long as you like!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Robesonia, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“not a good experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Unfortunately not too many of the shops were open, the place seems more deserted than a village. The shops that are there also weren't that interesting. I stopped into the antique part and the smell set of a migraine for me. This was not a high point of my day.

2 Thank cjj223

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not Anything to Write Home About”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday around 11 o'clock. There were maybe 6 stores open. All that were open had overpriced things. We were the only ones there. It would be a nice place to take pictures but that's about it. I would not recommended it.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Gracie1996
Herndon
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Cool little village but not much actions”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a very small village of homes that look like houses in Germany with small shops on the ground floor. I spoke to one of the homeowners and learned that the builder is called Heidelberg, and they are still building note homes, but not sure if they all will have little shops. Some of the shops are owned by the homeowner and others are owned by people who live elsewhere.

The village was pretty empty and I couldn't always tell if the shops were open. There were a few vendors selling their crafts or food when I was there.

I walked over to the marketplace building that has a food place and an antique part. I was told that Sunday is when the entire antique area is opened up. I wasn't able to check out the food because I had my little dog with me.

While I was there, I might have seen no more than 10 visitors including me. It is July, summer vacation, I expected or people. Maybe because this is hidden and many people don't know about it.

If you were to go to see the architecture and the little gardens of the homes, it is a nice little stop. If you were expecting to get some good shopping and food, this is NOT the place for you. I recommend lowering your expectations to a minimum and enjoy your walk around the village.

I am happy that I stopped by.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Marinda0
Fords, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Ghost Town”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Our trip here was filler before dinner at the nearby Stoudts Black Angus. It is an interesting little place. Think a german village right before the American army rolled in- empty streets and no signs of life. This place is pleasing on the eyes and the fountain is nice to sit by. There is German music piped in throughout to help set the mood. There are shops scattered about hear and there. About half the shops are vacant. We found a wine shop selling extremely overpriced local wines, a candy shop, a beer stein shop, a cupcake shop, an ice cream parlor, a craft shop, a doll store, a collectible toy shop and a pub. All the shop owners were very friendly, which is a good thing because the shops are so small that you feel obligated to purchase with the owner watching your every move. Come and stroll for something to do while you are doing something else.

Reading, Pennsylvania
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Perfect for walks!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a cute little place! A lot of colorful german-style houses with small streets to walk around and a plaza in the middle. There was a festival also and i recommend people who come to visit should do it during the weekend or during a festival. The shops are open and sometimes there are vendors around and in the middle plaza where the beautiful fountain is. The shop owners are very very nice! We had ice-cream a sat outside at a table for a couple of hours on a nice summer Sunday. They should advertise more as it is a great place- a 15min drive from Reading Pa.

2 Thank Roxana M