“I had read the reviews and knew what to expect.”
Review of Stoudtburg Village

Stoudtburg Village
Ranked #6 of 10 things to do in Adamstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Stoudtburg Village is primarily a residential hamlet that is reminiscent of a village in Germany. We have a few individually owned specialty shops, and a café that serves food and alcohol. The Village is always open for strolling our walkways and admiring the unique architecture and lovely gardens. You can also sit and relax in the plaza while listening to the sounds of the water splashing in the fountain. At the top of the fountain sits a cherub, affectionately known to villagers as "Peaches." We will let you figure out why :). Picture taking is a common occurrence in Stoudtburg Village. We often have wedding parties taking advantage of this beautiful location for pictures of their special day. So come and enjoy this unusual setting...take a stroll, sit and chat awhile, stay as long as you like!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I lived in Germany so I had decided even if there weren't many shops open it would be a great place to take some pictures. We took some pictures and were disappointed that the fountain was not working, would have made a much nicer picture. We did find deLyn's Gallery open and were greeted by a very nice and knowledgeable man. We ended up buying a very unique hat for my husband after being told that it was made locally. If you are looking for a shopping experience this village is not for you, but if you are in the area it is worth stopping by.

2  Thank tpatti
"cheese"
"curator"
"proprietor"

Reviewed March 15, 2013

A walk through neat little shops and beautiful walkways! Most merchants actually live above the shops where they sell their wares....an old country aire permeates the atmosphere while the shops are very modern!

4  Thank Wonderbeard
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have been here twice. The first time was on a friday in September. We were the only ones in the entire village. There were 3 or 4 stores that were open, but we were the only other people in the place. The next time we went was on a Sunday in December. According to the web site there was supposed to be a winter event. When we got there besides the half dozen stores that were open, there was maybe 6 other people walking around. The store owners told us we should have been there on Saturday. There was a large crowd and live music. The village itself is pretty amazing. If you didn't know you were in Pa., you could easily imagine yourself in some 17th century German village. It is really something to see. Its too bad that there are not more stores and more traffic in the place. Did you ever see the Twilght Zone episode with Earl Holliman.He is wandering around in this small town that seems to have been deserted, but he is sure someone must be in the town, but he just can't seem to find anyone. Well, that is how this place feels. I would give it 4 stars if there was just somemore activity and a reason to go back again. It is however worth it just to take a look and walk through the streets.

2  Thank Gart W
Reviewed December 13, 2012

What a great idea that I got from a friend of mine. My 15 year old daughter and I went to this event that was hosted on Oct 5th and 6th of 2012. Well, my friend couldn't attend at the last minute, so we went anyway and were really glad we did. The food at a little restaurant on the corner was very good. The crafts were excellent. I especially like the fresh honey and beeswax candles sold by Dietz Farms (my favorite purchase was their honey jelly with only honey and pectin,..all natural and delicious on your english muffin in the morning). I bought a little jewelry. We like walking around the village and on the paved path on the outer perimeter. We are walkers, so we got a good walk in. We went next door to the indoor flea market area and had a hoot looking around there as well. A nice activity for people of all ages, and there was no entry fee. About an hours drive for me, located in Stroudtburg in Lancaster County. The parking was organized and plentiful and well directed. Felt safe. A good group of people came to the event.

1  Thank VacationIsTheGoal