“Like visiting a small shopping village in the Alps” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stoudtburg Village

Stoudtburg Village
Ranked #5 of 10 things to do in Adamstown
More attraction details
Owner description: Stoudtburg Village is primarily a residential hamlet that is reminiscent of a village in Germany. We have a few individually owned specialty shops, and a café that serves food and alcohol. The Village is always open for strolling our walkways and admiring the unique architecture and lovely gardens. You can also sit and relax in the plaza while listening to the sounds of the water splashing in the fountain. At the top of the fountain sits a cherub, affectionately known to villagers as "Peaches." We will let you figure out why :). Picture taking is a common occurrence in Stoudtburg Village. We often have wedding parties taking advantage of this beautiful location for pictures of their special day. So come and enjoy this unusual setting...take a stroll, sit and chat awhile, stay as long as you like!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Franklin Ma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like visiting a small shopping village in the Alps”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Whenever my wife and I go antiquing in Adamstown we make a point of going to Stoudtburg Village. We love to wander through the shops and usually grab a lunch at the coffee/sandwich shop. My wife likes the gift shops and I really like the Toy Robot Museum. I immediately flash back to my SciFi matinee movie days as a kid. There are thousands of toy robots to see as well as hands on exhibits to play with, including a robot pinball machine . Kids of all ages have fun in here. Usually my wife has to drag me out of there. Before we leave we always head to the Village sweet shop to get some of our favorite chocolate covered pretzels. (If you are in to geocaching there is one right in the village.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank ERandS

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Our STOUDTBURG VILLAGE visit was a great experience. This German village replica is a gem! I have been to Germany three times in the last 40 years and consider the country a great place to visit but not necessarily one I want to live in. I have found a nice way to get my "Germany Fix" when I don't have the time or money to do the real thing.

We had just left a crowded family amusement park when we stumbled upon the village. There were about 18 shops open including a Toy Robot Museum, cafe/coffee shop and even a wine shop. I think the best of our visit came when we sat in the square by the fountain just taking it all in. We actually sat there for half an hour. Very relaxing. Oh, and thanks to the "villagers" who talked to us about past-present-and-future plans for Stoudtburg Village. Sounds very exciting.

We don't live that far away and both of us agree that we have a new destination for our day trips around Lancaster County.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank John S
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Robot Hut Museum......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I cant wait for my visit to the Toy Robot Museum. Joe the owner is a class guy and all my friends that have been have given it great reviews. Nice place to spend an afternoon. Look forward to my visit......regards Mark S. Greaux

Visited August 2011
1 Thank mark g
Elkridge
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't miss the Toy Robot Museum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stoudtburg Village, and particularly the Toy Robot Museum, was recommended by friends from the area as an attraction not to be missed, and we're glad we made the trip! The Robot Museum and gift shop fascinated us, the Village itself is a neat area to relax and walk around, and the service and atmosphere in the nearby coffee shop (which features a lot of live music in the evenings, apparently) were great. As a bonus, it's all smack in the heart of an amazing antique district!

Visited June 2011
4 Thank Steve W
Cheektowaga, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you ever had a toy robot...IT'S A MUST SEE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I actually have visited the toy robot museum a few times, and let me say that both times was a complete joy. The proprietor is extremely friendly and helpful and can answer any question you have concerning the toys at the museum, and those that aren't. Some displays like the pinball machines and the Rockem Sockem Robots are accessible by the visitors and really help bring back those great childhood memories. The toys are in fantastic shape and are a true representative of of what he offers. It is visually appealing and educational and also justifies why you have that old toy sitting on the shelf at home when people as why you still have it. These things are art, someone had to sculpt them originally, design them, mold them...and they are truly honored here, as they should. If in the area, and loved those old space toys, you have to see the place. You won't regret it.

Visited September 2010