“Nice place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Abbottstown B&B and Inns
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
“Nice place”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night. It has big rooms and its clean. They started vacuuming the hallway at 7:30! Can you imagine that? the electric went out so we missed the brunch. Interesting they still had the brunch in the dark and with less food and did not give a discount on $23. All in all we liked it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank confam

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicagoland
Reviewed November 15, 2011

On a recent motorcoach tour to York/Lancaster/Gettysburg PA, my group of 50 enjoyed one of the very best Sunday brunches I've ever done in more than thirty years in the tour business. And that's saying a lot! Everything about this visit was exquisite . . . beautifully set tables, terrific service, and a magnificent abundance of delightful and delicious brunch entrees and accompaniments! The buffet is huge . . . the hardest part was deciding which of the many gourmet items to select. The items on the salad bar were fresh, the dessert table was incredible, and the entrees were creative and great - with new twists on some old favorites. Other items were brand new to me, and each item was prepared differently than I've ever tasted before - and each was wonderful. You could order a made-to-order omelet, enjoy perfectly crispy bacon or BBQ shrimp, creative pasta and potato dishes, an incredible Frangelica Apple Turkey, and so much more. Ooh, if only one could manage a taste of all the items on this beautiful buffet! When in Gettysburg, don't miss Sunday Brunch at the Altland House . . . this is one of my all-time favorite brunch buffets ever, and will be a highpoint of your visit, too!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mytourop81
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Altland House this weekend. We drove from Pittsburgh and got a bit turned around at our exit, so were quite late when we checked in. We called to say we would be arriving after 10 and they couldn't have been nicer. We were able to let ourselves in and get to our room which was very clean and comfortable and had an amazingly large bathroom. The continental breakfast was very ample with yogurt and fresh fruit. It was an easy dive to Gettysburg and certainly a reasonable price.

We plan to stay there on our next trip to Gettysburg!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank georgeandgracie46
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Altland House Inn on our vacation to Gettysburg. What a charming room we had. It was very neat, clean, and roomie. The staff makes you feel like you're staying in a small Bed and Breakfast. It was built in 1790 and you can see the old windows above the doors. Each room has it's own unique charm. There is free breakfast in the morning. We only ate there once because we were a little bit disappointed with the breakfast. It was really only danishes, fruit, oatmeal, and cereal. But for the price of the room, I was ok with that. We stayed there the week of Gettysburg College Commencement. I'm glad we stayed out of Gettysburg.

On a side note the beds are completely amazing. If I could have taken that bed home with me, I would have. I've never slept so well! We did eat at LuLu's one night for dinner. The food was amazing. The portion size was perfect. I would recommend anyone who is visiting Gettysburg to stay here. The staff made our first vacation better then I could have expected. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bonadebi
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a weekend in June. The address says West King Street, but you travel along Rt. 30- the Lincoln Highway- to get there. Travelling further west, you come to Gettysburg in about 30 minutes. We have stayed here once before, so have been in a few of their rooms- each is unique and different. It is my understanding that the same family has owned the Altland House for 50 years, and they consequently take pride in their establishment.

We stayed in a two room suite- one was the bedroom, and the other room was the living room with two sofas, plus a bathroom with shower/no tub. Everything was neat and clean. We received very hospitable service and the continental breakfast was quite sufficient. We had various dry cereals from which to choose, bagels, danishes, orange juice, milk, coffee, fresh fruit (cantalope, honeydew melon and pineapple chunks), and instant oatmeal.

This "hotel" is on the circle of Abbottstown, but it is still quiet and serene, we felt. We did not eat at the restaurant, but have eaten there before and the food is quite good. We would not hesitate to recommend this place to someone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dergenie
Philly
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Everything was good to great. Clean, convenient, comfy. Just right.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gulleyowl
Columbia, SC
Reviewed July 27, 2009

It was wonderful, and we are going back to the area soon - primarily to spend a leisurely long weekend at the inn. The rooms are great, each one has a character of its own. Combine that with dining options that offer absolutely delicious meals that you'll remember long after your trip.

Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BNMyself
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbottstown
Hampton Inn Hanover
#2 of 27 in Gettysburg
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
#3 of 27 in Gettysburg

Been to Altland House Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!