“Aurora Colony”

Old Aurora Colony Museum
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Aurora
More attraction details
Owner description: Artifacts from the Aurora Colony, settle in the 1850s by seekers of religious freedom.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I love history and Aurora is a must see town in Northern Oregon, with or without the museum. I enjoyed the presentation given by the guide and I found the buildings quite interesting. Old photos of the street and town give an added feeling of what it might have been like to live in those early settlement times.

2  Thank LovesToTravel1952

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We spent the day there during Aurora Colony Days in the summer. The whole community comes out. The museum was set up for children to build candle holders, make their own candles, People were in period dress and they taught just how it was to live in Aurora during its heyday. Very interesting

3  Thank jeannecass
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I visited this place when I was growing up and then took my children there. Now I have gone there a few times because my favorite author, Jane Kirkpatrick, has had some book signings there. i like the quilt shows there and have gone there for the strawberry shortcake social. It's a great place to learn of local history.

1  Thank Becky L
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The curator was well informed and enthusiastic to share the history ofr aurora. I was a little concerrned about the modifications that had been made to historical artifacts, but they would be inviting to young people who enjoy doing more than just seeing,.