“Perfect”
Review of McCall House

McCall House
Ranked #5 of 30 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my first trip to Ashland & the McCall house. It was a perfect weekend, and I can't wait to take my husband back. I went with my two daughters and our time at the McCall House was perfect!! We shared Lydia's room and it was most excellent. We had fun staying up late playing games in the parlor and walked to most all our destinations for the weekend. The breakfast's were delicious and the service exceptional & friendly!! They went out of their way to make my daughter's 30th birthday special. We will all be returning with our spouse's.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at the McCall House regularly over the last 9 years. It's delightful: clean, beautiful antique furnishings, delicious gourmet breakfasts, cookies in the evening, quiet and comfortable. It's also located at the edge of the restaurant & theater area, just a block from the Oregon Shakespear Festival. It's my favorite place to stay.

Room Tip: Every Room is excellent - I prefer the main house. (There's a separate carriage house which has...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for Valentines Day! This place is so warm and cozy! I felt like I was staying with relatives. Breakfast was yummy! After staying here, I have decided when I travel I prefer to stay at a B&B, because you felt so at home. Located in the heart of the city, you are walking distance to everything. We walked only a block for shopping and dinner! I would certainly recommend staying here to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monica J
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed in many B&Bs in Ashland, and almost all of them are quite nice. They have good accommodations, enticing breakfasts, and a central location. The McCall house, however, is a cut above the rest. Nola the innkeeper is well-versed in the local attractions, is an excellent cook, and as personable as they come. The house has several rooms from which to choose, and anyone should be able to find a room that fits their needs. There is not much counter space in the bathrooms, but that is to expected in an historic home such as this. The location is fantastic, with a great brewery/restaurant a block away. Off-street parking is a plus, one can leave the car and easily walk to any of Ashland's sights, including the Shakespeare plays. Warm fresh cookies in the afternoon with a cup of tea is a delight. I recommend the McCall House highly for your stay in Ashland.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the McCall House and loved every minute of it! We had the Captain and Lizzie McCall suite and found it very cozy and comfortable! It had a wonderfully comfortable king bed and two nice chairs beside the "fireplace" (infrared, but pretty and put out heat) that was a nice place to spend our evenings reading. Loved the claw foot tub, too! The entire house is beautifully furnished with lots of period antiques. The staff, especially Kim, were very friendly and welcoming, and breakfast was a delicious treat! Since this Inn is so centrally located, park your car and walk where you need to go in town! I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenipela
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We had a very nice night at this historic home. It is only tow blocks from the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. It is reasonably priced and Nola, the innkeeper, is a nice hostess, as are all of her staff. Breakfast in the morning was excellent.

The bathtub in our room was a claw foot which was difficult to maneuver for us as we are in our late 60's. Also, our room was close to the main road, so we turned on the fan, to have a white noise masking the delivery trucks and garbage vehicles in the morning. Late at night there is little traffic noise.

All in all it is a lovely place to stay and well worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was a very comfortable place to stay as a group. There are two comfy living room - one with a fireplace. The breakfast was delicious as were the cookies put out every day. The staff were friendly and competent. The location is great. It is very close to down town (a block) and to plays. There were numerous small items that made it comfortable - such as a coffee set-up for early risers, comfortable beds, propane fireplaces in rooms etc. We've already booked for next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends