All reviewssleeping porchcarriage housecookieslithia parkb bsiced teathe oregon shakespeare festivalseven yearsdowntown shoppingplace to stayfive minute walkbed and breakfastold houseoff street parkingbreakfast was excellentthe main houseprivate bath
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This was our fifth stay at McCall House and every year we find new superlatives! This is out fourth room in five stays (President Hayes, Captain and Lizzie, Sleeping Porch and Carriage House North). They are all wonderfully comfortable rooms which Nola constantly upgrades, reprints, etc. as to Nola, Kerry (sp?) and Kelly, one simply couldn't assemble a better staff! The breakfasts are superb and the cookies in the afternoon are sublime. For me, there is simply no other place to stay in Ashland.

Room Tip: We've stayed in four different ones, but the Sleeping Porch remains our favorite.
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have been staying at McCall House for over 4 years now, and it is truly the ONLY place to stay in Ashland. The history, charm, room accommodations, food (breakfast and numerous snacks during the day/evening), location, and staff friendliness are the reasons that this is an outstanding B&B. We have stayed in 4 different rooms so far, and each one has its unique charm. The breakfasts will amaze you, and the snacks (mostly cookies) are awesome. Like us, you'll feel like this "home."

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We LOVE this B&B and can't say enough about how pampering it feels to stay here. Nola thinks of everything and the comfort of her guests is of utmost importance. Breakfasts are beautiful,nourishing and delicious. Great coffee, available fresh, early in the morning. Our room was comfortable, light and roomy. The beds inviting a restful night's sleep. All the amenities made available. We will stay there again and recommend it anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Perchance you enjoy the Oregon Shakespeare Festival (it is way more than just Shakespeare), the McCall House B&B is very convenient to the OSF theatres. Their ten rooms offer a nice variety between the main Victorian Home and the Carriage House. The breakfasts are always fantastic. We commend them unto you fair traveler!

Room Tip: Go to their website (www.mccallhouse.com) to find the perfect room for you. They are all fine, just different.
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My mother and I stayed in the "Sleeping Porch" room for a long weekend, to see a show and visit family in Ashland. It was roomy and light, with comfortable chairs, two small tables, a little kitchenette area. My mom slept in the king bed, and I slept on the day bed. We were both very comfortable. There is a gas fireplace in the room, which we used in the mornings to supplement the heat. I'm allergic to down, and Nola kindly prepared my bed to be down-free. There are a few stairs within the room, so my mom had to be careful in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom. But there is a good rail, so it wasn't a problem. We liked having a shower/bath room separate from the toilet/sink room, so we could get ready more efficiently in the mornings.
Breakfasts were amazing! Nola was so pleasant. Sometimes innkeepers become tired of their work and it shows, but she went out of her way to accommodate us and really show an interest in her guests.
The location is perfect. My Ashland family even parked near the B&B to walk to the OSF. They said they doubted they could find something much closer than that.
I will certainly stay here again next time I'm in Ashland.

Room Tip: The rooms vary greatly in size. The innkeeper can help you choose one that has the right amount of room for you.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family