All reviews front porch seat cushions wonderful hosts cookies other guests b and b an amazing cook thought of everything shakespeare festival minute walk house is beautiful crater lake coffee and tea wonderful stay delicious breakfast light sleeper living room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 18, 2018

There can't be many comparable accommodations within reasonable distance of the Oregon Shakespearean Festival. From excellent, sumptuous breakfasts, comfortable rooms, superb service and attractive surroundings this was an excellent experience. The walk to the theaters and downtown isn't too long, there's plenty of coffee and cookies for between-meals treats, there's no shortage of tourist information, and the facility is an unspoiled historic house.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AbigailsBedAndB, Owner at Abigail's Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear qualchan
Thank you for taking the time to review Abigail's for Adam and I. You have taken time to inform our guests of all of the important facts when searching for accommodation here in Ashland, Oregon. As always this is very welcome. Thank you.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

Abigail’s is the mother of all B & B’s! My wife and I have stayed at many B&B’s around the country over the years and Abigail’s is definitely #1 in terms of comfort and enjoyment. The garden is a sight to behold and the grounds are impeccable. Built in the early 1900’s all the woodwork, molding and trim look like it was just installed. Downstairs stairs wood floors are the original floors. No detail was missed here. It should be on the historical register if not already on it. The breakfasts are a sight to behold and delightful. It’s a culinary experience with Susan’s imagination and cooking skills. If you don’t put this place on your bucket list you’re missing out! Thank you Susan and Adam for an incredible stay.
Tracy D

Room tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AbigailsBedAndB, Owner at Abigail's Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Dear Tracy and Bonnie
Thank you for choosing to stay at Abigail's during your visit to Ashland, Oregon this season. It was lovely to meet you both. We appreciate you taking the time to review Abigail"s for us and hope that you will pay us a return visit in the near future. It was lovely to chat with you. We wish you all the best.
Regards

Reviewed June 12, 2018

Susan and Adam are the perfect hosts and Susan's culinary skills are over the top. Wonderful overall experience. We've found a new favorite place to stay while in Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival. We'll definitely be back.

Dear Naomi K
Thank you writing a review for Adam and I about your stay here at Abigail's. Both Adam and I shall look forward to a return visit to Ashland, Oregon from you both. Have a good year!

Reviewed June 11, 2018

We stop off in Ashland on our way to our coastal home. We've stayed at a couple of places but continue to look for just the right place. I think we found it now. Location is great, walking distance to Lithia Park and all the nearby shopping as well as restaurants/bars.
We received a call from Adam the day before our arrival, checking to see what time we might arrive. He does this as it is necessary to plan for making sure guests are greeted, given a quick orientation to the property and their accommodations and generally made to feel welcome. As a courtesy to the Lemons, try to let them know when you might arrive. They do their best to make sure your stay is comfortable and relaxing.
Our room was the Garden Room located at the back end of the house adjacent to the parking lot. Initially there was a thought (momentarily, really) that it might be noisy but realizing that all the guests would be checking in early, it was cast aside. The only thing we heard was the rain in the early morning. A King bed, private en suite bathroom, TV, coffee/tea maker and quiet location. How nice can it get? Truly comfortable and relaxing.
Morning came, I headed out to the front porch with coffee in hand. Adam was busy sweeping the leaves that had blown in that evening. Nice conversation in the morning sun with a front porch looking out to the eastern mountains. I was glad I had nowhere to go as I watched the truly light traffic flow by. Main street is not a heavily trafficked street on Sunday morning.
Breakfast is naturally a communal affair. It was sumptuous. We started with a yogurt fruit parfait accompanied by an Apricot Bran muffin, made by Susan. This was followed by a breakfast casserole (i am not sure what else I could call it). Individual servings of a mince (sausage for Americans), potato, egg and cheese baked to perfection with a avocado / tomato salad to cleanse the palate. Should I open a restaurant I will seek to hire Susan as a breakfast consultant. Conversation with other guests was fascinating for an out of towner. All seemed to have come for the theater offerings and they had great insights into the greater Portland theater scene. There apparently is thriving theater in Oregon, at least along the I-5 corridor.
Okay, wrapping up, stay here. You will be treated kindly, your hosts are accommodating, attentive and cordial. They make sure to offer local tips and opportunities as well as making sure your stay is enjoyable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Duane
Thank you for choosing to stay with Adam and I here at Abigail's. As always we appreciate a review as detailed as your is. It gives our future guests a good insight to what to expect when they choose to stay here with us during their vacation. Ashland, Oregon is a wonderful town filled with so much to do that I recommend that our guests come for a week. Adam and I are more than happy to show you where to go, what to do and where to eat. Of course the Theatre is a big draw for most of our guests and we are more than happy to purchase specially priced Theatre tickets during the early part of the season and the latter. Our restaurants offer locally sourced and organic food and the added bonus is that they cater for all types of diets.
We hope that you will choose to come back to visit and to enjoy more of what Ashland has to offer. Enjoy your time on the coast. I am sure it will be magical. Thank you once again.
Best Wishes

Reviewed June 5, 2018

We loved everything about our stay at Abigail's. Susan and Adam, the hosts, are extremely friendly and helpful. The house itself has beautiful gardens and a very nice, cozy, warm, inviting living room area. There's free coffee, snacks and soft drinks available at all times. Coke and chips? No problem. Coffee and chocolate cake? That too. Or some fruit. :)

It's an easy 15 minute walk to the festival. There are closer places, but hard to imagine nicer ones, so I'll stick with Abigail's when I'm in town and they have a vacancy.

What else... wifi is decent with consistent signal everywhere I went. The breakfasts are spectacular. Two courses. Unquestionably the best food we had in town. And... also takes care of lunch, because wow, huge.

Good shower. Comfortable beds. And they can sometimes get you deals on tickets to shows, too. Stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AbigailsBedAndB, Owner at Abigail's Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear "Furious Toast
I love the pseudonym.... Thank you for your review of Abigail's for Adam and I. It was lovely to host both of you during your visit to Ashland for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival Theatre. As always I love to cook breakfast for our guests. For many years I used to cook for Food and Wine Pairing dinners and crawled into bed in the early hours of the morning. Now I get to get up and cook at a more reasonable time and probably the best time of the day. The bonus of course is Ashland. I do hope that you will do a return visit - nothing makes this work more worthwhile than a returning guest.