Lithia Springs Resort
Bard's Inn(Ashland)
Stratford Inn(Ashland)
The Palm(Ashland)
View Hotel
All reviewsmineral watersoaking tubsconesspring waterspa bungalowhealing watersnatural hot springsbreakfast and afternoon teathe cottageskoi pondgas fireplacelovely groundslemon curdmain buildingshakespeare festivalyogurtliving area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed a couple of nights on our travels from Seattle to San Francisco. One of the nicest spots we stayed at which is saying something. The location is on the edge of town - so nice and quiet area. If you want to be in walking distance of Ashland town centre this is not the place for you. We were looking for a base to explore Crater Lake and Klamath Falls so this was an ideal location. We stayed in the Water Tower suite - which was very comfortable. Massive bed - and a heart shaped tub in the bedroom with the hot (and slightly sulphurous ) spring water was very relaxing to soak in. Lovely grounds to walk around. Breakfast was also great for us - being from England we have struggled with US sized portions - but the buffet style breakfast - allowed us to choose just the portions we are used to - and very nice it was. Also offers afternoon tea - sadly we missed this - but the free cookies made up for it. Can't think of a reason you would not enjoy this place. Also ate at Larks in town which is associated with Lithia - had 10% voucher which was welcome. Again try this place if you can when you are here.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Imagine a jaccusi bath filled with mineral water, a king sized bed with fine linens, a view of marvelous gardens, and breakfast and tea time also. My experience of this recently renovated hotel was far beyond my expectations. The decor is tan on white with interesting art work. Excellent breakfast topped my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stopped here on the way back from a San Francisco road trip and felt like we left all the hustle and bustle once we came to Lithia Springs! We had a room with a mineral water tub. The room was large and decorated with white and light gray, very "spa-like." Every inch of the room was immaculate. The tub --wow-- It was a big deep soaking tub. I could sink down and soak up to my neck and still have my feet stretched out. I got some magazines from the sitting area off the lobby (plenty of books and magazines to borrow) and soaked and read magazines to my hearts delight! What a treat. The king bed was super comfy-- really, really nice mattress. I wish more places realized that a great mattress is so important! We woke up to birds chirping and went to breakfast in the morning. Nice buffet style breakfast with eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, hot cereal, granola, bread and wonderful, wonderful homemade almond scones. Be sure to save room for those scones- they really do melt in your mouth! The grounds are beautiful, lots of wildflowers, lavender, vegetables and herbs-- water features sprinkled around throughout the property. If you are in Ashland I would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with the mineral baths!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I almost don't want to tell people how nice this place is as I am afraid I will have to book way in advance next time I go to Ashland!
We did a very last minute trip to Ashland and I was not able to review tripadvisor much for anything in Ashland but Lithia Springs did come on my radar. I told my husband to get off the northern most Ashland exit and pointed the way. Wow! Wow! We were lucky to get 3 nights.
The grounds are outstanding (its set on several acres with koi ponds, trees, flowers, etc and nicely kept), the rooms are beautiful and nicely layed out. The bed was great (we are very picky about our beds), and the price was great. They have huge jacuzzi tubs with the sulfur water in the room. They have an excellent tea hour with great little (I believe house made) pastries. I took my tea outside with a book. The breakfast is great! Different main item each 3 mornings, eggs benedict, french toast, egg spinach souffle, along with oatmeal, fresh fruits, and more great pastries.
The staff was all very helpful and plesant from James at the front desk to cleaning ladies, and grounds keepers.
As previous posts state, if you want to be centrally located and walking distance to town and plays, this would not work for you. Though I saw a bus that looks like it picks up close by.
Loved Ashland and hope to return to this property soon. It is the kind of place I am always looking to find while out of town.

Room Tip: Some rooms have little patios, that may be nice. We did have a room where we could sit inside and look out onto a lovely communal patio covered with vines and a little fountain.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you are going to Ashland this is the place to stay. Even if you are NOT going to Ashland, this is the place to stay - get there! Be aware that it is a little out of town and you will need a vehicle.

We stayed in a Patio room which has reclining chairs outside to laze on. The rooms was enormous with a bath and separate shower and the natural spring water was pumped through so you literally had a private natural hot spring in your room. Breakfast each day was fantastic - fresh fruit, the chefs breakfast hot plate, coffee/juice and AMAZING scones. Each day there was also afternoon tea with accompanying delectables. The gardens are simply stunning. Need I say more?

Room Tip: All rooms seemed excellent but I did like the private patio
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
James D, Front Office Manager at Lithia Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind review! I am so pleased to be able to share such wonderful reviews with the staff here at the resort. Hopefully we can make your future trips to Ashland just as special as this one. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with everyone.

Warmly,