“Beautiful town of Ahland, OR”

Best Western Windsor Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is our 2nd stay on our way to Disneyland. Very beautiful Hotel in nice setting surrounded by mountains. Wonderful restaurant next door. Charming exterior decor and nice pool and hot tub area. A beautiful little town nestled in the mountains and just 20 minutes from the California border.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Dear David L,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property! It's great to hear that we were your stop on the way to Disneyland. We hope you had lots of fun while visiting Disneyland. Thanks for writing about our beautiful exterior, and pool and hot tub. Ashland is a beautiful town, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We hope to see you again on your next adventure through Ashland!

Thanks,

There are newer reviews for Best Western Windsor Inn

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Got into Ashland late at night. Quick check in and AAA discount given. The room was really nice with two twins, a mini-fridge, double sink, flat screen TV, clean bathroom, and a table with two chairs. Lots of pillows on the beds! Got a good night's sleep. Next morning I filled the car's tank at the Chevron right in the adjacent parking lot (convenient) and then grabbed a muffin and blueberry bread from the complementary continental breakfast that is offered.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Promembrain,

Thanks for taking the time to write review of our property! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with is. I'm glad the check in was quick and efficient and that we were able to get you into a comfortable and clean room. We do have a very convenient location, next to two gas stations and right at the interstate exit 14. We hope to see you again on your next adventure to Ashland!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We found the hotel to be very clean. The staff was both professional and friendly at check-in and check-out. Our only complaint was that we could hear a baby crying all night long. We are sure that the parents left in worse shape than we did.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Audrey S,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Thanks for sharing how clean you found the hotel, and our friendly and helpful staff members. I'm sorry about the noise you heard from another guest room. Being a new parent is tough especially when a baby cries all night. I'm sorry you had to experience that as well.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

There was a large fly in the room we could never get rid of! The door to the room must have been left open sometime during the day! The room cleaners need to be instructed to close the doors if there are flies in the area!

Dear John B,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm sorry about the fly in the room. Sometimes they sneak in when people are entering or leaving the room. I've shared this with my housekeeping staff to ensure it won't happen again.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

for a Best Western (hit or miss)...I booked this room as a "last stop" for our road trip back home. I've stayed in a few Best Western's and this by far is one of the nicest when it comes to being a well maintained property and their bedding. I'm a bedding snob and for a BW this place hits the mark! After a long drive and a 11:30 pm check in, I was pleasantly surprised to see/feel "luxurious" linens- nice for a non five star hotel. Check in was easy, staff friendly and room very clean. My only complaint is after several days of non-stop go, this was my opportunity to catch up on sleep until the sound of a revved up engine (sounded like someone had the pedal to the metal) was buzzing in the background, suddenly the A/C shuts off and the smell of exhaust reeked through our room! It was the crane operator raising the bucket to reach the top of the hotel roof to paint, the cranes' exhaust blew fumes into our A/C unit (assuming that's how it happened). Needless to say I was VERY unhappy, it was a 8:15 am "wake up call". I informed the office staff, they apologized...that was about it. As a side note and being a Hotel Impossible junkie, the facility where guests have breakfast is connected to a multi purpose room- for functions/weddings/etc. I'm assuming they had to open the connecting partition for extra seating, the room had random items that should be in a storage area and not for guests to see...just saying...otherwise, I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey B
AshlandWindsor, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Audreyb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our bedding, friendly staff, and clean rooms.
I apologize for the state of our breakfast area. We are currently remodeling our laundry room, and are very limited on space in that room. So unfortunately we did have to store some of the overflow in our conference room that connects to the breakfast. This is a temporary arrangement.
I also apologize for the issue you experienced with the crane, and the fumes outside the room. We just had to replace our Best Western signage. If you'd like to discuss this issue in depth, please don't hesitate to call me at 800-334-2330.
I hope next time you travel through Ashland that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was very impressed on how well maintained the hotel was kept. The rooms were large, the bed very nice. We used the pool, very nice. Breakfast was good. Very comfortable. Overall, a very good experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear turlock01,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our clean and well-maintained rooms, beds, pool, and breakfast. We hope that next time you come through Ashland you'll choose to stay with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a great place to relax and enjoy the wonderful town of Ashland. Great restaurants and breweries and plays of course. Come back to the hotel and swim or relax beside the pool. Caldera brewery had the best beers and we were overwhelmed with the restaurant choices. Very walkable city and fun unique shops. Rooms were very modern and chic, beautiful landscaping around the grounds.

Dear Kathy S,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a stellar review of our property! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed relaxing by our pool, and in our rooms. Caldera is my favorite restaurant near by, they have a plethora of beers and all of them are great! I'm glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the many restaurants, shops, and plays that Ashland has to offer. We hope that next time you come to Ashland that you can stay with us again!