“A good stop in Ashland, Oregon off I-5, with a POOL”

Best Western Windsor Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I used to stay in B&Bs when I visited Ashland for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival every year, but during those HOT summer months (July - Sept) I looed for somewhere to stay with a pool and great air conditioning. VOILA! The Best Western Windsor Inn right off I-5. Rooms are large and very up-to-date, air conditioning is great, noise from freeway is really non-existent, flowers and landscaping are gorgeous, room has all the extras I need for working at my laptop, watching a large-screen tv, and just sleeping. Gorgeous bed covers! Breakfast is only average (I just make coffee in my room) --- and the better restaurants are in town ... but it's only 5-10 minutes away by car.

Room Tip: Room service rating (above) is NOT true --- I've never ordered it (my mistake in rating). Get...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SeisterSue
AshlandWindsorAmanda, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your review! I'm glad we are able to be a great stop for you on the I5. We look forward to providing the same great service on your next adventure to Ashland.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Windsor Inn

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The grounds were immaculate with abundances of colorful flowers. The room is updated. Very comfortable bed. The breakfast had an assortment of quiches (delicious) plus pancakes, yogurts etc. Very good. This inn was close to the freeway but never heard any traffic. Very quiet. The staff was very nice. Because we are an 'awards' member we were given, at check-in, bottled water and granola bar. Nice touch. We would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelerCalifornia
AshlandWindsorAmanda, Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your review of your stay with us! I am glad the team here at the Windsor was able to make your stay so enjoyable. I have shared your compliments with Bruce the gardener and we all look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Ashland.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stopped here for the night as part of an extensive road trip. This is a beautiful property. The entire facility is immaculate. The room was large and beautiful.big comfortable,bed. Great tub though the bathroom is not large. There are separate double sinks outside the bathroom proper. Pool area, breakfast room and guest laundry were all attractive and very clean. Breakfast was basic and adequate. Did not appear to have an elevator so second floor rooms could be tough with lots of luggage.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage you will probably want a first floor room. Doors open to outside -no in...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Turnturnturn
AshlandWindsorAmanda, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am glad we were able to be a pleasant stop on your vacation.

Amanda

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was our 4th time at this hotel in the past 2 years. This time there were some problems. The first thing we noticed were the ants crawling on the desk. Just a few, & isolated to the desk & bureau area. We "took care of them" & went to dinner. Came back to the room & more ants. Then we turned on the a/c & big chunks of black dust (mold?). We went to the front desk & told them what happened & they were very helpful. They knew of ant problems & were trying to get a handle on it. And it was the 1st really warm period & the first time the a/c had been run. They switched us to a different (nicer) room, & all was well.

So while this stay was not as great as the previous, I'm willing to blame the season. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Skip the restaurant at all costs
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pebbleinmyshoe

Thank you for your review. The changing season brings many challenges. I have passed your compliments to our team here at the Windsor for taking care of you and making your stay a success.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have stayed in almost all the affordable inns and B&Bs in Ashland over the past 20 years. This was a first visit to the Windsor Inn and it was great. What a wonderful staff! The room was large, the bed firm and comfortable, the jacuzzi fun, and the location convenient to several restaurants within walking distance. We will return.

Room Tip: Only the suites have mirco-waves, but we did have an excellently cold fridge! The staff was excellen...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sylvia O
AshlandWindsorAmanda, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear SylviaO,

I am so glad to hear about your wonderful stay! The Team here at the Windsor would like to say thank you for taking the time to share with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ashland.

Thanks Again,
Amanda

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our new favorite hotel in Ashland. We've come to Ashland for years, but this was our first stay here. Very reasonable price. The room was beautifully appointed, with comfortable chairs, large desk and litte fridge. Great bed, too. Nice breakfast buffet, with just the right amount choices and everything was fresh. The hot tub was clean and wonderfully warm. The exercise room had enough equipment for the two of us to get a good workout. All of the staff was friendly and professional. They put out an extra effort for us to have an early check in. Exceptional property, we will be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Janet B
AshlandWindsorAmanda, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear JEBKailua_Kona_HI,

On behalf of the whole team here at the Windsor, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you again on your next trip to Ashland.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The rooms were big and clean, the bed was incredibly comfortable and the staff was really friendly. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Altadenabirdwatcher

Dear Altadenabirdwatcher,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I look forward to seeing you again on your next adventure through Ashland!