“A fine little place”
Review of Manor Motel

Manor Motel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Modest but well equipped rooms, very clean, the perfect size for one couple and very reasonable for Ashland. We had a small refrigerator which hummed a little. As it was empty, so we disconnected it at night. Very friendly and accommodating staff.A pleasant 15 minute walk to the Shakespeare Festival. Right next door to a popular milk shake store. We took our bikes. On the day we checked out they let us leave them locked up outside through the afternoon plays. It is on the main street so there is a little noise until sundown. The last rooms have two windows and are the quietest. This place is perfect for someone just needing a place to sleep.

Room Tip: The rooms are in two lines facing each other from the street toward the back. Rooms toward the back...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fleurette k

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a clean reliable place to stay. We stayed here twice recently. The first night in a double bed only room that lacked a plug in for blow drying hair with a mirror. But, the room is clean, the bed was fine and the walk into town about perfect. The second night was in a larger room at the back with a kitchen, larger bathroom with a plug in. It would be a very comfortable spot to base a longer visit than the one night stay we had. This place is genuine motel. The managers are very agreeable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A M
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family and I stay there every year and the place is clean, quiet and comfortable. It's a short walk to downtown and the theaters. Take advantage of the incredible Fall season, with the trees changing colors.
CG 7-2-2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles G
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This is a great little motel. It is simple, but suited my needs perfectly. The room was immaculate(had been freshly painted a pale yellow) , the bed was comfortable and clean, and it was quiet. My room was near the back, so it was farther away from street noise. This is not a 4 star hotel, so the room and bathroom are small, but it is a lovely place - and very economical for Ashland. The on-site managers were very helpful and pleasant. I really enjoyed my stay, and hope to return!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have stayed here a few times over this last year, and regretting not ever knowing about it before , as I often come to Ashland I was looking for the best deals ( budget got tighter) and tried manor motel , boy was I pleased to say the least the managers Carly and Joe were fabulous from check in to check out, anytime I was roaming outside or relaxing out on the lawn they always made sure I was happy with my stay and if I needed anything, then proceeded into small talk, which was very cool being treated as a person rather than just a guest, its appropriate sometimes to keep things simple and professional (as they do) but there just so friendly, I enjoyed the conversations. I really enjoyed room #7 this time One bed, full kitchen, nice bright bathroom with lots of light coming in through window away from the road, right next to lawn which has lots of chairs and tables... I saved a lot of money being able to cook and make coffee there ,that's the perk! My room was clean I had stay over housekeeping , done by a very friendly gal named Destiny ,she not only made my bed, took out trash and gave me new towels but went the extra mile in my opinion to wash my dishes and vacuumed, coming back to a fresh new room was great!

Dont let the retro look fool you, walk in take a tour the rooms are great. When you call be specific on what your needs are some have 2 bedrooms , some have kitchens and some don't so just ask. You'll be happy to stay, I'll be back in July GREAT RATES!

3  Thank TravelQueen52024
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I've stayed at the Manor Motel several times over the past two years and have written highly positive reviews about them. This last stay however, things weren't so good, primarily because of the unit I stayed in, and so I'm suggesting travelers avoid #9. It is quite small and doesn't have the kitchenette some of the other units have. However, the room has a "tower" of appliances tucked in the corner - coffee maker, microwave, and refrigerator. Across the room is the TV and portable heater. Not one of these things was plugged in, so after arriving late at night, I had to literally get on my hands and knees trying to figure out which plug went to which appliance.

The main problem, however, was noise. I was awakened at 2:30 am by a conversation going on outside about 50 feet away. Then at about 5:30 am, continuous heavy street traffic began. I'm a light sleeper and use earplugs so neither of these things should have been a problem. And noise has never been a problem at this motel on past stays.

Also, while views are not really important to me when traveling, the bathroom in Unit 9 looks out onto garbage cans and a huge pile of discarded tires.

Finally, in term of value, rates at all Ashland motels/hotels go up during the peak season. But the Manor Motel's higher rates coupled with minimal sleep will make me explore other options on my Ashland stays.

Room Tip: Avoid unit 9! Try the units as far from the street as possible - and bring earplugs.
3  Thank Footloosewomen
Reviewed June 7, 2012

A delightful couple, Carly and Joe, make you feel right at home as you come into Ashland's "best kept secret" (well, now that we are raving at it, it might be the new "hot spot":)! Sweet little garden area, rooms that are varied in their features...some with a kitchen, others a sweet quaint view of the mountains (#8). Staying at the Manor (easy walking distance to downtown Ashland) is the way hotels used to be when i travelled as a child, with my U.S. Army dad and mom: you are treated as a true "guest", the managers will give you the moon and rooms and clean, well loved. As are we, the guests!!

Room Tip: #8 is small but the best view, #6 a lovely kitchen and nice breeze (no need for air conditioning...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business