“Great place, Great price”
Review of Manor Motel

Manor Motel
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
eugene
“Great place, Great price”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights while attending plays at the Shakespeare Festival. We had a room with a small kitchen so were able to make our own breakfast and other meals on occasion, thus saving a lot of money and not getting weary of eating out. The motel was perfect for us - clean, within walking distance of the theaters, and with a management that seemed willing to do anything to please us. The price was about 1/2 of what a B & B would have cost. We'll be staying there again as we go to Ashland twice a year.

Room Tip: They have several types of rooms, so check before booking. They are in the process of updating the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shelly c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Yokkaichi, Japan
Reviewed August 27, 2011

First things first: This is Ashland. There are no cheap hotels or motels in Ashland. What goes for $60 down the road in Medford can easily be over $90 here. That said,

Great motel for the price (about $90 a night). We wanted to stay right near downtown and that's what we got. Could've walked to Lithia Park (though we didn't). Nice owner who had everything set up for us when we arrived.

Room was big with a good set of cable channels. Our room also had a usable kitchen (with pots, pans, plates, cookware and silverware, plus stove and oven), which costs a bit more. If you use this kind of thing, I'd recommend it. The kitchen is big enough to accomodate cooking and still have a little two person table.

The only negative - and it wasn't a problem for us - is that the toilet is in a very narrow place next to the shower. We are pretty small people and we live in Japan, so we're used to this kind of thing. However, if you are a naturally large person or perhaps your doctor has told you that you need to lose a few pounds... this may make your stay rather unpleasant (at least during bathroom breaks). Again, we had no hassles.

If you love Ashland - and I've hardly met anyone who doesn't - it's hard to go wrong with this motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank FloydMcDaniel2
Oregon
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I recently stayed two nights with two friends at the manor motel on our weekend girls getaway to Ashland! We wanted to stay somewhere inexpensive but walkable to the festival and this motel met the bill. The motel was spotless and the owners were very friendly. It could use some pads for the beds, they are quite firm. While there is no breakfast provided, you can walk to a number of amazing bakeries. It is a no frills place, but in Ashland a welcome budget friendly option.

Room Tip: Ask for #11 it is cute!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank sjfoodies
Los Altos, California
Reviewed September 6, 2010

The hotel has a charming car port that is tree lined. It definitely has more character than the typical motel. The room was quiet, clean, and bed was comfortable. Despite the heat, it was very comfortable. It was the perfect size for two people, but would have been cramped if we were traveling with our children. The hotel is located a good 20 minute walk from downtown Ashland.

The hotel clerk recommended Bread Board for breakfast which turned out to be a poor recommendation since I was very disappointed in the quality of the baked goods. The cinnamon bun was too sweet with too much cinnamon and doughy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EmptyNester_CA
Seattle
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Finding lodgings in Ashland presents some real difficulties for a person with my set of hopes, likes/dislikes, and finances. This charming little throwback of a motel was just perfect for me. I feel really lucky that I was able to get into it without a reservation. I thought I might be forced to pitch my tent elsewhere (literally) because, having splurged on a ticket to a play and the gas to drive from Seattle and back, I then need to spend the bare minimum to sleep, but I stubbornly resist putting out money to stay in a place that feels like it's part of a chain or which simply has no character.

Enter, to my complete delight, the Manor Motel! It's little, it's old, it's cute. I had my own set of steps leading up to my own screen door. I parked my car in front of my unit. The bed was firm, the A/C worked, the lady at the front desk was kindly and accommodating, and the price is probably unbeatable anywhere else in the city (or so my hours of websurfing lead me to believe). If I'd been in better shape, I'd have found walking to and from the OSF to see my play not too hard, but I timed it earlier in the day and it took me 40 minutes, so I drove instead.

I've made something of a ritual of going to OSF these last few years and having found the Manor Motel is going to make it that much easier to build my tradition. I was really getting tired of the tent.

As to "Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?": I've said yes but the real answer is that it would depend strongly on who the friend was. My sense is that the Manor Motel is a love it or hate it kind of place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Caroldz8080
Stockton, CA
Reviewed June 21, 2009

The motel staff are very nice and accommodating. We knew it would not be the Ritz, but the bed was very uncomfortable for me, although my husband thought it was fine, and there was mold in the bathroom. The bathroom is so small you could only fit one person at a time in it. If you're a large person the toilet is in a very small cubby, making it difficult to care of business. The kitchen is very well equipped and works well. I personally would not stay here again, but my husband thought that it was OK. It could, with some work, be a very comfortable place to stay in Ashland as it is close to the downtown and Oregon Shakespeare Festival. But it definitely needs some work. PS. The internet worked great at this motel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank singer0
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed May 4, 2009

To be sure, the Manor Motel is nothing fancy. Furnishings are spartan but functional, the beds were not the most comfortable things ever but the hotel was very clean, quiet and the owner/managers were very, very nice each time I spoke to them on the phone. We called ahead to let them know what time we were arriving and found out that the room we had booked (2 beds+kitchenette) was not available so they gave us 2 separate rooms at the 1 room price. Our rooms were unlocked and waiting for us, with the heat on! A very nice welcome - We were very happy with the place. The location was great (walking distance to downtown) and the price was unbeatable for Ashland (and actually for most places!) $60 a night for 4 people? Bargain. At that price, we weren't expecting anything fancy, but we didn't need it. We were only sleeping and showering there. The kitchen was small, but our fridge was almost full size and allowed us a place to keep drinks and leftovers.
I would highly recommend the Manor Motel, especially for those people who want functional, clean lodging that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount (like most of Ashland) and a convenient location. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends