“Best dinner in Ashland”

Larks Home Kitchen Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Larks Home Kitchen Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 162 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street
Transit: Public transit stop is located right in front of the Ashland Springs Hotel & Larks restaurant.
Description: LARKS HOME KITCHEN CUISINE celebrates Oregon - its farms, orchards, creameries and wineries - offering dishes that excite and surprise with freshness and flavors. We are passionately committed to offering the most fresh & local ingredients possible. Larks celebrates Oregon's bounty by creating innovative cuisine from scratch, offering a unique dining experience. Our restaurant Executive chef, Damon Jones, is a master in showcasing opulent seasonal ingredients delivered daily from local farms, delighting visitors with the flavors of this amazing region. Larks' kitchen is full of many talented people including two Sous Chefs - Franco Console and Robert Wilson - Pastry Chef Terra Sharp, and many other 'food artists' whose creativity and attention to quality is expressed in every daily special. Dishes like steak, hearty soups, flavorful salads and grilled Northwest steelhead are the most popular. Other specialties include pork chops and apple and caramelized onion fondue. Ingredients like truffle oil, wild mushrooms, hazelnuts, pears, and marionberries layer in the Oregon flavor. Our Pastry Chef's creations depend on what is available that season and include fruit tarts, chocolate cake with housemade salted caramel ice cream, or cranberry-pumpkin bread pudding. Our beverage selection extends the theme of local and seasonal with a choice of herb-infused cocktails made with Oregon spirits, local wines, and beers. Larks' downtown Ashland, Oregon restaurant creates a connection between restaurant guests and our local farmers, ranchers, distillers, and winemakers. Come on in for a taste of local flavor.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Service is excellent. They treat like locals. I think the food is superb. All local purveyors. Check the blackboard for specials,

1  Thank Edward W

Reviewed March 26, 2013

As part of the Oregon Springs Hotel you may anticipate a certain quality standard at Larks.....it doesn't disappoint.
I arrived without reservation , and was seated at the bar , which also serves the full resturant menu. Not wanting a heavy dinner , I opted for the fresh local salad, and a plate of charcuterie.
The restaurant proclaims that they support and source most produce from local growers......the salad I had was extremely fresh , and the charcuterie had an added smoked sausage made in their kitchens......very tasty especially accompanied by their own apricot mustard. The local cheeses were also a delight.
Warm convivial atmosphere , and friendly bar staff serving all tastes.....including a man at the bar who wanted nothing more than an enormous chocolate sundae!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Although we have been to Ashland many times, we had never tried Lark's for dinner. The food was average at best, and the portions were small. I had the salmon and it was just ok, not amazing. Service was also just average. We heard tables near us being told about specials that our waitress didn't even mention to us. With so many great restaurants in Ashland, I don't think I would go back here for dinner. But, now we know.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a spinach salad; my daughter had a burger... nothing special. She actually said that the burgers in her dorm at SOU were better. Ashland restauranteurs seem to feel they have a captive audience so their prices are high with mediocre quality.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose this restaurant based on recent trip advisor reviews. We decided to order an appetizer and split an entree. (Which they charge an extra $5 for) we had the Dungeness crab fondue, which was wonderful, I highly recommend it. Their freshly made rosemary French bread for dipping is addicting. For our entree we stayed in the seafood family and ordered the pasta with mussels, fish, shrimp, and crab. I am sorry to say other than the seafood in it the dish was virtually flavorless. The split portion was small so in total we paid 15.50 a piece for 7 bites of food for our entree. The service and atmosphere were nice but I was actually satisfied just having their bread and crab fondue! Lesson learned!