“Not great-- spend the same money elsewhere.”

Larks Home Kitchen Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Larks Home Kitchen Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street
Transit: Public transit stop is located right in front of the Ashland Springs Hotel & Larks restaurant.
Description: LARKS HOME KITCHEN CUISINE celebrates Oregon - its farms, orchards, creameries and wineries - offering dishes that excite and surprise with freshness and flavors. We are passionately committed to offering the most fresh & local ingredients possible. Larks celebrates Oregon's bounty by creating innovative cuisine from scratch, offering a unique dining experience. Our restaurant Executive chef, Damon Jones, is a master in showcasing opulent seasonal ingredients delivered daily from local farms, delighting visitors with the flavors of this amazing region. Larks' kitchen is full of many talented people including two Sous Chefs - Franco Console and Robert Wilson - Pastry Chef Terra Sharp, and many other 'food artists' whose creativity and attention to quality is expressed in every daily special. Dishes like steak, hearty soups, flavorful salads and grilled Northwest steelhead are the most popular. Other specialties include pork chops and apple and caramelized onion fondue. Ingredients like truffle oil, wild mushrooms, hazelnuts, pears, and marionberries layer in the Oregon flavor. Our Pastry Chef's creations depend on what is available that season and include fruit tarts, chocolate cake with housemade salted caramel ice cream, or cranberry-pumpkin bread pudding. Our beverage selection extends the theme of local and seasonal with a choice of herb-infused cocktails made with Oregon spirits, local wines, and beers. Larks' downtown Ashland, Oregon restaurant creates a connection between restaurant guests and our local farmers, ranchers, distillers, and winemakers. Come on in for a taste of local flavor.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

While the premise has appeal to NorthWest foodie diners like me, I found the food uninspired and the service rote. The atmosphere, also, leaves something to be desired.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Ashland for an overnight getaway to celebrate a landmark birthday. Before heading to a play, we had an early dinner and Larks and it was perfect! We both had great salads (mine was the arugula with poached pears) that we loved. My friend ordered the southern fried chicken breast with mashed potatoes and loved it. I had the scrumptious seafood fettucine. But the over the top dessert was the highlight of the night: The warm chocolate cake (like a pudding cake) topped with salted caramel ice cream. OMG! We loved the fact that while the place was hopping with the pre-theater crowd, it wasn't loud. We had no trouble hearing one another, and so it seemed like and elegant, leisurely dinner that we savored and thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I were passing staying in Ashland for a night on our honeymoon. The food was great and the service was wonderful. Our waiter, Russ, actually came upon a pair of tickets for that night's Shakespeare festival and was kind enough to give them to us. It was a total treat, as the food was great and we were just in time to see Romeo and Juliet.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Everytime we eat at Larks, we inevitably love our food. Usually I have one of 5 or so delicious salads, or a soup and sandwich. Recently I branched out and discovered what are certainly Ashland's best fish tacos. No Mexican restaurant in town comes close to these - it is hard to try anything new because I always remember how delicious my last meal there was and want to order the same thing again - treat yourself - you will be glad you did!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Dining here is always a treat and consistently good. Wide selection to meet anyone's tastes. No reservations usually needed.