“Creek-side Bliss and Gourmet Breakfast”
Review of Ashland Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Ranked #6 of 30 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2013

On the advice of several friends, we stayed at Ashland Creek Inn on our first visit to Ashland, and we were beyond delighted with every aspect of our stay. We chose The Normandy Room because it is on the first floor and has a lovely terrace overlooking the gorgeous creek. The creek is loud with the sound of rushing water over beautiful rocks, amidst a wide variety of flora and fauna. We slept with the windows open and loved it. Our room was totally comfortable. The bed was dreamy, including silky soft sheets and a warm duvet. WiFi worked perfectly, which we count on. We enjoyed two delicious breakfasts, served by the innkeeper himself, who was sweet as could be and very helpful with restaurant recommendations and reviews of the current play offerings at OSF. On his suggestion, we dined at Coquina, which is a 15 minute walk from the Inn and had a superb dining experience. The Inn is a 5 minute walk to OSF, so we never felt like we had to hurry anywhere, nor did we get in our car once during our 2 night stay. We really appreciated the newspapers available each morning and great coffee! Cannot imagine staying anywhere else, and we plan to return soon and often!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeFlies
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Ladies, thank you so much for the fantastic review! We really appreciate your kind words. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed breakfast and that it was enhanced by the innkeeper's presence; I will be sure to pass that along to him. I'm happy to hear as well you were able to enjoy all of Ashland without needing to drive anywhere! This is a superb endorsement- we are quite proud of our location, just a few minutes walk from downtown Ashland and the theaters. Thank you again, and I look forward to seeing you next year!

Ashland Creeek Inn

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was walking along the river, looking for another hotel for a visiting friend, when I saw an intriguing building that had a charming, old Europe feel. I wandered in and was given a tour of several rooms by a sweet and obviously proud staff member, before reserving a suite. Each had a different theme, and was decorated with carefully chosen treasures and art pieces: antique Moroccan wooden doors and rugs, Southwest sculpture and pottery, an eclectic collection of Italian etchings and old chest, etc. Amenities included sitting rooms, little kitchenettes, big whirlpool baths, luxury bedding, etc. Among the nicest features are balconies hanging over the creek and lush trees, so the sound of rushing water fills the rooms. The town's Main Street is a block away, and the huge organic coop is also nearby. Altogether, an unexpected and delightful discovery!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank taysi
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

I remember you! I had a wonderful time showing you around. I admit, tours are my favorite part of the job and I do take an awful lot of pride in the rooms. You and your companion were especially fun to show rooms to as you both were so effusive! You two are lovely people, and I'm so happy you ended up booking with us. I hope to see you again in the future sometime soon!

Warmly,
Ashalnd Creek Inn

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was totally surprised and completely delighted by my stay The Ashland Creek Inn

It felt like one of SWITZERLAND'S finest small country inns, transported into Frank Llloyd Wright's famous Falling Water house. Everything was perfect { I know that's hard to believe, but it is true}.

The hotel is built into a mountain creek . Each of the ten rooms - suites - is unique, designed to immerse the guest into the feeling of being in the location on the room's nameplate.

Decks surround the hotel, enhancing the sound of the stream.

But that's just the structure . All of this is further enhanced by the people, beginning with the omnipresent owner, Graham. Like the owner of a european Relais & Chateau, Graham greets his guests with genuine charm and makes sure everyone is comfortable. He has assembled a superb staff, that was faultless. Breakfast was a gourmet's delight. Most guests were so focused on their delicious food and the views, that ,unlike most places, no one was using their ipad or reading the news. No one except me. I am a news junkie. and I was surprised and happy to begin the day reading each of the six newspapers Graham brings into the breakfast room, from the WSJ and NYT to local Oregon news .

and that's not all. The location is perfect. In the woods by a stream, yet only a two minute walk to Main Street.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank TourDeSuisseKen
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Wow!
We are overwhelmed by this fantastic review! Thank you for your kind words! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast, as well as the setting so much. I'm especially grateful for your description of the setting. While we are in a "park-like" setting in the middle of the town of Ashland-we are not in the woods- I am happy to hear it felt like you were! The main feeling I got from your review was that you felt transported, we are so glad to hear it!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We are moving to Ashland and needed a place to stay while house hunting. The Ashland Creek Inn was perfect! Comfortable, beautiful setting near the creek, nice rooms, friendly folks, and the breakfast was delicious. The location was perfect: after a day of driving around everywhere looking at houses, we could park the car and head out for the evening on foot, an easy walk to all the attractions of downtown Ashland. Perfect! Once we get settled, we will definitely put visiting family up here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! I am happy to hear we were your oasis while house hunting. While I'm sorry you will not be staying with us in the future, we will be excited to meet and cater to your family when they are in town. We wish you the best of luck in looking for your future home here in glorious Ashland!

Best,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the aesthetic Ashland Creek Inn last weekend which is located maybe 3 blocks from the center of town and the playhouses. A delicious Breakfast was served in a nature filled dining room overlooking the beautiful
creek setting. We enjoyed sitting out on our creekside balcony day & night,
which was a bonus!
Beds were comfortable & the sound of the water put us to sleep.
Linda,
San Anselmo.

Room Tip: All the rooms open out to the creek which makes them so special! Linda W.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Linda,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. You are a truly gracious person, and your comments are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the Ashland Creek Inn on our way to California from Washington and again on our return. Would stay here again anytime. We were there in medium season,so prices were not out of line, considering the quality of the place. We could hear the stream rushing by from both of our rooms, which had decks over the creek. Breakfast was excellent. What a place!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mandarin suite (upstairs, but we got help with the luggage from the nice woman who...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you so much for this review, we truly enjoyed having you. Thank you for the mention of the mid-season rates-yes, this is a great time to book and take advantage before the summer season hits! Ashland has been unusually warm and beautiful for this time of year so it really is an incredible time to visit.

P.S. Thank you for the room tip; it is important to let people know which rooms are upstairs. I think you are referring to the Marrakech suite. As always, any one of our staff is happy to help with bags.

Warmly,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

How many ways do you express excellence? From the first phone call reservation through delightful owner Graham through confirmation and check-in with the amazing inn manager Sophia, our experience at Ashland Creek Inn was superlative in every way. Not only was our Copenhagen suite beautifully appointed--it was immaculate and well-equipped with both a sleeper sofa, a kitchenette, and a hot tub in the bathroom! And the VIEWS! Our private balcony gave onto the views and sounds of Ashland Creek. Actually, the entire Inn could not be better situated. On quite Water Street amidst lush foliage yet only minutes away from Ashland Plaza and The Oregon Shakespeare Festival by foot. In addition to the warm, individualized welcome offered by both Graham and Sophia, Jasmine Turk-Bly--the inn's private chef--not only serves up a haute-cuisine breakfast every morning at 9am (how civilized), she even provides a fresh-baked afternoon treat daily. If you're coming to Ashland, don't ask questions just book here...but book early. It's one of the hottest places in town, and certainly the one of highest quality and comfort. Look no further. And tell them Daniel and David sent you. ;-)

2  Thank Daniel V

Daniel & David,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! Thank you for mentioning us each by name, I can't tell you how nice it was to read this. As with all of our best reviews, I have hung this one up in the kitchen for the chef as well as the entire staff to see each morning as they pass by. We all couldn't be happier with this review and smile every time we see it. Thank you again!

Fond Regards,