“Fabulous Style & Comfort”
Review of Ashland Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Ranked #6 of 30 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 5, 2013

A great sense of style and hospitality throughout. Details of design, comfort and elegance in our suite (Copenhagen) and the breakfast room. Superb breakfasts, by the Inn's chef were a special extra treat. Off-season it was cozy, and we'd love to return to see the gardens and use the outside spaces.

Room Tip: Copenhagen--Danish modern style with touches from the owners' travels.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Robin207, thank you for the review! It was such a joy having you and the hubby stay with us. I really enjoyed our conversations about audiobooks and can't wait to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It doesn't get much more fun than a quick winter getaway to Ashland, Oregon in January. The acclaimed Shakespeare Festival is on hiatus in the dead of winter, but there's still plenty of shopping, skiing at Mt Ashland, and fine dining on every corner. AND there are special winter rates for Ashland's many Bed and Breakfast Inns!

The Ashland Creek Inn was our headquarters on a recent Girls' Weekend, and we had a fantastic time. We rented the Taos Suite, with its 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and were welcomed upon arrival by the manager with warm chocolate chip cookies, and a beautiful, sunny day. According to the literature in our room, our suite was the site of the original wheel for the Flour Mill in the early 20's, and it was warm enough mid-afternoon to sit outside on our creekside veranda and enjoy the rippling water.

The Taos Suite was perfect, with its Southwestern theme, and a cozy warm gas fireplace. It is beautifully furnished and appointed with every amenity, including a full kitchen, stocked with plenty of plates, cups, glasses, and flatware.

And the breakfast! Wow--over the top wonderful. A berry smoothie to start off, followed by a second course of canteloupe, with a refreshing splash of lime and sesame dressing. (How DID they find melon with real summer flavor, in the dead of an Oregon winter?) Then came the main course of baked eggs in little wonton cups, covered with amazing Truffled Hollandaise, perfectly seasoned red potatoes, and a fresh garnish of spinach and tomatoes. To. Die. For.

There are several beautiful suites to choose from, but I would absolutely recommend the Taos Suite. Amazing stay!

Room Tip: For a group of 4, the Taos Suite is perfect! 2 BR, 2 BA and a full kitchen!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your review! It was such a pleasure having you ladies, you looked like you were enjoying yourselves so much. It's always wonderful to have such fun-loving people come stay with us. I wanted to let you know I hung your review in the kitchen for the chef to see. Such effusive compliments really mean a lot to her.

Thank you again, we hope to be home-base for the next "girl's getaway"!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently had a two night stay at this Inn. The property has a perfect location right on Ashland Creek with easy walking access to downtown Ashland. We stayed in the Marrakech Suite whose decor is a little bold, but very authentic. The room size and layout was great. Our suite was clean and inviting. The towels and sheets are clean and cozy. The bed was very comfortable. Too cold this weekend to use the private balcony, but I'd definitely go back to sit out there on a nice spring evening. The staff was very helpful and responsive when you need them, but not intrusive. The prepared breakfast both days was fabulous. Their chief is creative, using fresh wholesome ingredients. The staff is mindful about dietary restrictions and will 'make to order'. The food is just as compelling as the Inn. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! You two were lovely to have, and we thank you for staying with us.
Thank you in particular for the mention of Marrakech's decor, I agree, it is bold. When giving tours I will often mention that it is our most strongly themed rooms. I agree as well (having visited Morocco myself), that it is extremely authentic. I wanted to thank you also for letting us know that our level of involvment was perfect for you. It is a very fine line for those of us who work in the hospitality industry between caring and being intrusive. I am so glad that during your stay we succeeded. Thank you again for your review, I loved it and would think it very helpful to anyone wondering about the inn.

Warmly,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Each room at this inn is decorated in a different style; and we chose the contemporary Copenhagen suite. It felt light and airy with crisp white walls and warm wood accents. We loved the sleek look of the modern Danish furniture, the linear wood ceiling, and the cordless between-the-glass mini blinds. It had a private deck overlooking the koi pond, a separate sitting area with a gas fireplace, and a spotless, self-cleaning jetted bathtub. The room had a private street entrance and was within walking distance of shops and restaurants. We love craft beer and were thrilled to find the Caldera Tap House only half a block away. Breakfast was served at individual tables in a creek side dining room and it was delicious. The innkeeper was friendly; he introduced himself at breakfast but otherwise kept a respectful distance. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. It's a real bargain during the low season so don't miss it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for the review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the room, thank you for mentioning it. Even though the inn is a 140 year old building, we do have a few rooms decorated for the more modernly inclined. Thank you too for mentioning the low season pricing! We have three pricing sets for Winter, Spring, and Summer. I agree that the winter pricing can be quite a deal! I'm glad to hear too that you enjoyed Caldera, in my opinion they have the best burgers and beer in town. Ashland can be great that way; world class theatre, but down the street you might also find some down to earth incredible brewery. Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Ashland, and we'll look forward to seeing you next time you come through.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My son and his family live in Ashland so we are very familiar with the town and had passed by the ACI many times admiring it's location and charm. This trip we decided to stay at the Inn rather than with my son. Our experience was so unexpected and so wonderful that we will definitely be staying there again and again. It was just what we needed after a busy holiday month. Comfort, quiet, clean, current, artful and customized are how I would describe our room. The staff were over-the-top with service and accommodation. The breakfast's each morning were skillfully prepared, beautifully served and heavenly to eat. Truly a divine experience for my husband and I. Even our young grandson wanted to stay at "our house"! Great job ACI!

Room Tip: Listen to the staff when making the reservation. They will guide you to the best room for your need...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the review! I can't tell you how much I appreciate reading your words. It's been awhile since our last review, so this was a nice surprise to see this morning. I want to let you know (and I feel like I've said this so many times before, but I guess we really do just have the best guests), that you yourselves were so much fun to have stay with us. We greatly look forward to seeing you and the little guy again sometime soon!

Fond Regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We loved our stay at the Ashland Creek Inn. I liked the the Copenhagen room in particular because of it's warm decor and coziness of a fireplace enjoyed so much after a stroll around the City on a cold night. The Inn is delightful in every way.

The cuisine is unsurpassed, with a great chef and gracious staff.

We are looking forward to our next visit to Ashland's best.

Diane and Bob

Room Tip: The Copenhagen Room is my favorite because of it's charming fireplace and water sounds.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! What I love about these reviews is that often a room is recommended; I love that it's a different one each time! I like to think this means we have something for everyone. Thank you again for the review, and I hope to see you again sometime soon.

Warmly,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

For 11 years we have attended the OSF and stayed at ACI. We like all the rooms and have stayed in most but prefer the Normandy. Our host Graham and his staff are always gracious & accommodating. Breakfasts are wonderful in beautiful settings next to the creek.
We cannot recommend more highly.
Bill & Gail

Room Tip: Our favorite is Normandy. On your first stay, ask to get a quick tour of all the rooms to find your...
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for a five star review! You two are too kind, we so appreciate your commendation of our property. I love Normandy myself, as well; the deck, especially, is one of my favorites. Also, I love your tip about asking for a tour. Yes! Please do! I love giving tours; it’s one of my favorite parts of the job. Thanks again, folks, I look forward to seeing you next year.