All reviewstaos suitecaribe suitethemed roomsgourmet breakfastlithia parkthe oregon shakespeare festivalfull kitchendietary needsan easy walkour favorite place to staystayed two nightsevery morninggreat coffeeb bsmain streetwonderful staygraham
Reviewed August 13, 2012

There is no place I'd rather stay in Ashland when we come to the Shakespeare Festival that the Ashland Creek Inn. The accomodations are exquisite, the staff first class and the location unbeatable. A lovely setting along the Ashland Creek, the morning breakfast is a joy and the quiet, natural water feature (the creek) makes sitting on the patio a spa-like experience. The only drawback is that the demand is so strong (for good reason) that you need to make plans at least one and more often two years in advance. This is, of course, probably the best recommendation that this Ashland jewel can receive.

Room Tip: There is only one two-bedroom suite (The Taos suite) but it is unbeatable for a trip with good friends.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoadWarrior98607
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Roadwarrior-love the name- thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad too we were able to accomodate you, it's true we are often booked pretty far out. (To the future guest reading this however, don't be afraid to try; we always have little pockets of availability here and there.) I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, a glowing review like this means the world to all of us here. We certainly look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Last week we stayed at the Ashland Creek Inn for the 10th (!) time. Because our schedule changed at the last minute, we needed to give up our reservation for Taos, a big two-bedroom suite where we usually stay. This time, we stayed in Marrakech. This is a large upper floor suite with one bedroom and 1.25 baths. The main bath has a shower/tub, and has doors to the bedroom and the hallway. The bedroom also has another vanity with sink and mirror - very handy when two of us were getting ready to head out.

The authentic Moroccan decorations are quite interesting and imposing. I thought they were really cool; my wife didn't like them as much. Maybe it's a guy thing. But we both loved the kitchen (big), living room (large comfortable sectional sofa with a pull-out bed) and deck (in the trees, looking over the creek, very private).

As always, the overall stay was great. The suite was very clean and well appointed. Breakfast was served outdoors as usual, and the food was delicious. They remember our dietary preferences from year to year, which is really nice.

If you want a unique and special place to stay in Ashland, just a short walk to the theaters, I recommend Ashland Creek Inn.

Room Tip: Marrakech has my favorite deck at the Inn so far. It isn't huge, but it is very private and overlooks the creek.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this, your second review of us! We sincerely appreciate the feedback, and the words of praise mean so much to both myself and the rest of our small staff. I enjoyed very much meeting you during your stay, and greatly look forward to seeing you again next year.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Close to the theatres and all the best restaurants, Ashland Creek Inn is an oasis in a tourist town. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with updated bathrooms in an historic building. Each room has a balcony with a view of the woods and creek, fabulous breakfasts are served on the deck, with the sound of the creed as background. I have stayed at several places in Ashland, all wonderful, but Ashland Creek Inn is my favorite.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you so much for the review. I love your description of the inn as an oasis, it feels that way to me as well. It was lovely having you, and I hope to see you again next time you visit Ashland.
Warmly,

Reviewed August 4, 2012

The inn is in a lovely, calm, and serene setting, nestled among beautiful old trees with a spacious deck and expansive patio overlooking the creek. The creek provides a cooling breeze and a relaxing "soundtrack" as you enjoy your comfortable suite, relax on your patio or deck with a book, or enjoy the wonderful gourmet breakfast. It's right in town so everything is within easy walking distance--the plays, Lithia Park, shopping, great restaurants, etc. Graham and Sophia are the perfect hosts with advice on the latest new restaurants, word on our old favorites, and can always provide an interesting perspective on the plays. We've been staying here for years and consider it the perfect place to stay for our annual visit to the Shakespeare festival.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for that beautifully written review! Your words paint quite a picture. I so look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We have been traveling to Ashland for the Shakespeare Festival for more than 20 years with a group of friends. In that time we had stayed in several small inns and bed and breakfast places. Ten years ago we discovered Ashland Creek Inn and it is far and away the best experience for a stay in Ashland. We have stayed there every year since.The rooms are wonderfully decorated and maintained. The breakfast provided is exceptional, like one you'd receive staying in a five-star hotel. It is located close enough to the Shakespeare Festival so that we can walk to the plays and to downtown. The staff is extremely friendly, competent and helpful. Recently, when we needed to leave early for a drive back to San Francisco, we found a breakfast of yogurt,granola, fresh fruit and orange juice in our refrigerator. We have stayed in hotels and inns around the world and this place ranks as one of our best travel experiences.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
SophiaPalos, Manager at Ashland Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I want to let you know that it was a pleasure having you, as I'm sure- though I am new here-it has been for the last ten years. Graham and I so appreciate our repeat guests like yourself, you are the people who make this business possible, and you have our sincere thanks. I look forward to seeing you next year, and the year after that!

Fondest Regards,