“The Bees Shoo-ed Us Inside”

Greenleaf Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Ashland
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Greenleaf caters not only to the tourists, but is especially sensitive to local customers. With a full Gluten Free menu, extensive vegetarian and vegan options, and a large variety of organic and local produce, Greenleaf is perfect for any diet. The wait people are always courteous, efficient, unobtrusive and helpful. Whatever you’re looking for: a great breakfast, a box lunch for a picnic in the park, or a tasteful supper before the plays, Greenleaf is your best bet!
Reviewed September 1, 2014

A nice, better than average restaurant, that has many organic and gluten-free offerings. We wanted to eat outside, (which would've been really a good experience), but the bees didn't cooperate.

2  Thank Bothell_Phil

Reviewed August 31, 2014

I was satisfied with the good and service, have been there with groups of friends, but today took my family, wife 4 kids and was charged an" automatic gratuity" of 20% got two answers why.. Well you had more then 5 people, I said I've been here with larger groups without an automatic gratuity? then he says "well it's up to the discretion of the server" well sorry for bringing my family to your restaurant. Families go elsewhere couples are accepted. Well you can fill out this card? I would rather post to trip advisor.

Daniel2808, Owner at Greenleaf Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear James Y
Thanks for eating at the Greenleaf. We are so glad you enjoyed your food and service. Sorry that you were not happy with the 18% gratuity added to your check. Like many full service restaurants, our servers have the option of adding a gratuity to parties of 5 or more. I took a walk thru downtown yesterday to peruse other restaurant menus. Most full service establishments have a similar policy of adding gratuities to large parties. Our in house policy also notes that the supervisor should have removed the gratuity when you questioned the validity of it. Sorry that he neglected to remove the gratuity. As far as your comment that we are not family friendly... I've lived and eaten out in Ashland for 35 years and find Greenleaf to be one of the most family friendly restaurants in town. We cater to large and small groups, elderly and lots of families with young children. We are "the" restaurant for many families, both locals and tourists when dining out in Ashland. We have 4 high chairs, 2 booster seats, a diaper changing station in the bathroom and a staff that is trained and tuned in to families. Sorry that you are unhappy with gratuities added to large parties. Once again, we are one of the most family friendly restaurants in Ashland and welcome groups of 1 to 100. Sincerely, Daniel & The Greenleaf Team.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Very disappointed with food. Read all the great reviews here, so thought we would try it. Extensive menu, but neither my husband's pasta special of the day or my grilled salmon were good. His was totally bland and rather tasteless, and my salmon was over cooked and tough. So many other good restaurants in town where you can also eat either inside or out-including Louie's which is right next door- that I would give this one a miss.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stopped for lunch in Ashland and Greenleaf was one of the top restaurants on the Yelp and TripAdvisor reviews. My husband had the BLT with avocado and it was stacked with fresh veggies, including sprouts, which he really enjoyed. I tried something new..I had a GLUTEN-FREE Mediterranean Quesadilla. It had house-made hummus, olives, black beans, fresh avocado and cheese. The quesadilla included a small salad with house-made fresh dressing. We sat outside by the creek and it was great. After getting too hot, they gave us a table inside. The service was friendly and helpful. The menu had a great selection of items for lunch, from salads and sandwiches, to fish, pasta, curry and hamburgers.

2  Thank PurpleRaven888
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stopped off on our way to California and loved the relaxed atmosphere. The food is prepared with care and there is a wide variety of vegetarian and meat and chicken choices. Come here to eat in a relaxed place and get what you pay for

3  Thank AlanCahn

Been to Greenleaf Restaurant? Share your experiences!