“Beautiful stroll”
Review of Lithia Park

Lithia Park
Ranked #1 of 43 things to do in Ashland
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Anytime of year this is a wonderful park nestled in the middle of downtown. Toys for kids to play on, a stream to sit beside, a hike on many levels, bandshell with entertainment in the summer just to name a few things in the park.

There are newer reviews for Lithia Park

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We hike the length of this park whenever we're in the area. Great any time of year but worth a special trip in the Spring and Summer when flowers are blooming.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

It is a charming park and the artesian water is a geologic marvel, but, sheesh does it taste bad....

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We love this park! It's on the edge of Ashland's quaint business district--no need to drive to get some fresh Oregon air! There are lovely trails on level to rolling to somewhat steep terrain. At every turn there is something of visual interest: rocky stream, a peaceful pond, a playground full of giggling children, all set in a natural, scenic setting. It's truly a hiking park--of course not as expansive as a national park--but considering its location it's a great escape from buildings and pavement and noise. You'll pass other walkers and hikers, but they'll be smiling, too!

1  Thank PAHRN
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I just love Lithia Park. My first trip here was when I was in high school when my English class took a field trip to the Shakespeare Festival. My friends and I have many memories of our afternoons in the park. Most recently, I was able to bring my own teenagers there to experience Ashland and Lithia Park. They even allow people to swim (wade really) in the creek, which I find so old fashioned. Most cities are so worried about liability. In the summer the park is a great place to have a picnic and let the kids run off their energy; to be ready to sit quietly during a play later in the evening. In the Springtime the trees blossom and the park is magical. If you make it to Ashland it is definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank TripLover40_11