Anne Hathaways B&B and Garden Suites
Flagship Inn(Ashland)
Manor Motel(Ashland)
Timbers Motel(Ashland)
View Hotel
All reviewsdee deethe main housesconesan easy walk into townshakespeare festivalthe cottagesbed and breakfastcoffee makercomfortable bedsgreat place to staygoodiessherryplaykitchenetteantiques
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have been coming to Ashland for over 15 years but haven't tried out this B & B. Now it will rise to the top of our list. We are particular and found every expectation met here. the innkeepers, David and Dee Dee, were friendly, and attentive when we needed it. Our room, Judith's, was comfortable and quiet. The amenities were fabulous! Organic, locally sourced ingredients were delicious in the ample breakfast, afternoon snacks, and even a treat for the trip home. It's an easy walk to the theatre. Fellow guests made for lively conversations. They have made the effort to make this a really wonderful inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank STI135
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights and would most likely look for a different place when we return to Ashland. Our cottage was comfortable enough, but we the group of women staying next door was quite noisy late at night. We opted for the light breakfast available in the clubhouse near the cottage, which was standard quick-breakfast fare. We were surprised to find that the full breakfast was an additional charge and was served in a home across the street. The B&B is just a short walk from shops, restaurants and the park in town. Guess we were spoiled by the TouVelle House in Jacksonville and had higher expectations for our stay in Ashland.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SnowdenTraveler
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I just spent 5 nights here with a few cousins to attend the Shakespeare Festival. We stayed in the Garden Suites and found the rooms provided all of the comforts of home and then some. A cottage centrally located was stocked with fruit, cereal and other snacks and fresh baked goods magically appeared first thing in the morning and at tea time. A pot of fresh coffee was ready by 7 a.m. and one could sit at the breakfast table or the computer station. At breakfast in the main house conversation was lively and the host and hostess served home made meals, the fresh ginger and apricot scones were my favorites. All in all it was a great experience and we could walk into town to shop, dine, see the plays and hike in the park. I will be going back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz D
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just finished a 5-night stay at Ann Hathaway's and loved every second! My favorite part, besides the "5-star" service from DeeDee & David, was the wonderful comaraderie around the breakfast table in the morning. The food is delicious, the atmosphere so warm and homey, and the people were all so wonderful and fun to talk to. One morning, Benvolio, from "Romeo & Juliet" came for breakfast and the next morning, one of the main characters from "Crackers" joined us. How cool is that!!

DeeDee and David made excellent theater recommendations and got all the tickets for us. We walked downtown every day, shopped and had dinner in several of the excellent restaruants in Ashland. Spent a wonderful day in Crater Lake, after getting perfect driving directions from David.

We stayed in the Garden Suites and loved them-beautiful, quiet, with lovely outdoor seating. My cousin ran across the courtyard every morning for a hot cup of coffee from the Clubhouse and was in Heaven!

DeeDee and David are "Innkeepers Extraordinaire!"--warm, fun, helpful, interesting. If you are going to Ashland, this is the place to be!!

Room Tip: Garden suites for a little more privacy. The Inn for the true B&B experience.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ginny B
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I don't usually stay in B&B's but I make an exception for Anne Hathaway's B&B. The owners, Deedie and David Runkle, go out of their way to make this a home away from home. Coffee and scones for us early risers, followed by a full gourmet breakfast; scintillating conversations at breakfast with other guests, invited actors from OSF, and of course the owners; afternoon tea; New York Times and WSJ at the ready in the am; wireless internet; ticket arrangements; restaurant recommendations; the list goes on. I stayed in the main house (the Susanna room) on the second floor. While it faced the street, it was quiet at night and I didn't hear other guests. Because most of the guests are there for the theatre, we are on similar time schedules with the B&B settling down after we get back from the plays. For those times when I wanted solitude, it was easy to find--on the porch, in a sitting area, or a hammock. Easy walk to the main downtown area--about a block--great access to some amazing shops. This visit was with my cousins but I can't wait to come back with my husband.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends