WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Lovely B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been to Ashland many years, but this was our first stay at this delightful B&B. Our suite was beautifully decorated with nice views of the garden. Breakfast was totally fresh and delicious and the hosts were warm and inviting. The location is just a short walk to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and the Ashland Food Co-op. We will definitely return for our next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Winnetka, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pelton House couldn't be closer to all the activities Ashland has to offer. Its rooms are clean and airy, and the breakfasts delicious as well as bountiful. The breakfast room is a bit crowded, but it affords one the opportunity to get updated reviews of Ashland's plays and near-by attractions, such as Jacksonville and the Rogue Creamery in Central Point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was our second trip to Ashland within a year, and our return visit to this great B&B. We stayed in the 'Metal' room again and traveling friends were in the cottage. Both were great. Breakfast is always unique, filling and made with localo ingredients. Mary (the host) is wonderful and does a great job, backed up by her daughter Brenda and grandson Warren (age 2 1/2). The location is less that 1/2 mile from the Shakespeare theatres and near to resaturants and walking trails. This is a great place in a great town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I travel for a living and stay in all different kinds of accommodation (hotels, motels, B&Bs, etc). I have severe allergies, so things can get tricky. I'm also quite sound sensitive and have a hard time sleeping near freeways or around loud machinery. Last week I was traveling from Seattle to the Bay area and needed to break up my journey. I thought Ashland would make a good half-way point. I was exhausted and wanted to stay somewhere that was restful and calming; I'm so glad I discovered Pelton House. When I called, Mary was kind and accommodating, making sure I knew that no pets were in the house and that there was feather-free bedding available. I was arriving later in the evening and Mary let me know that there wasn't a problem with that, just asked me to keep her posted as to my ETA. I was warmly welcomed when I arrived. There was a sense of "coming home" -- I was told to make myself at home and to contact the hosts if I had any concerns. Because of my sound sensitivities they put me up in a room that was quiet and calm. Just what I needed! Over breakfast I ate with 2 other travellers and had a great conversation. The breakfast itself was tasty and incredibly filling. If you're looking for a welcoming and comfortable place to stay, give Pelton House a try.

Room Tip: The room in the detached house (upper garage) is quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at the Pelton house at least once a year and often twice since they opened 10 years ago. The rooms are extremely comfortable with very large and well appointed bathrooms. Brenda Barnhill and her mother Mary are warm and accommodating hosts. We very much look forward to our stays there. In terms of convenience to the Southern Oregon Shakespeare Festival, it couldn't be better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We headed down to Ashland for a two-night trip. We found Pelton House on the OSF website. The proprietress was this charming lady who asked about breakfast? Sure, but no dairy and no gluten. Scrambled eggs?-she said. Sure, but no milk in them. Breakfast came with seating for eight. All guests eat together. Each course had easy modifiers for us. Fruit, but no granola on top. Eggs instead of some sweet thing. Soy milk for our coffee. No fuss whatsoever. The room itself, Metal, was in the main house and had a bathroom of nearly equal size. Extremely comfortable and quiet. We will stay here again. I should also mention that my wife has a down feather allergy, and it was no problem to substitute other bedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eureka, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

You cannot get a better location than this B&B. Three blocks to the theaters. We parked the car and didn't get into it until we left. We had the Water room which is upstairs. It was very clean and comfortable. If you go during summer check to see there is A/C because this room could get hot even with the ceiling fan going. The breakfast is wonderful and filling. It is served promptly at 9:00 to everyone staying here. Coffee is put out at 7:30. Brenda and Mary are very nice and helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends