“Hit or miss”

Pasta Piatti
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I like the location and the menu has a nice variety without being a novel. As I recall, I was satisfied with the food and beverages, the patio was pleasant, and the prices were fair but the service sucked. Granted I am new to Southern Oregon where fast service seems to be frowned upon, but this was ridiculous. We sat down and for the first 6-8 minutes received nothing but that special server stare (the one where they pretend they don't see you looking) along with three different half-smiled "be right there's".

Then, at 9:05pm my friends asked to purchase some bread and were told that the kitchen closed at 9pm sharp and something to the effect that the chefs/cooks wouldn't approve. Perhaps, they can afford to be choosy in this economy but sometimes you may want to do that little extra.

2  Thank chf_2258

Reviewed June 4, 2009

I lived in Ashland and my husband and I frequented this restaurant very often because of the nice staff, the cheaper than average food prices and yummy pasta.

Reviewed April 22, 2009

We finally had a chance to get back and visit all our favorite Ashland places. I want to give this restaurant kudos! We get up to Ashland a couple times a year and this is always one of our favorite stops. For a casual night out in Ashland we have always found the service to be extremely friendly and fun! The food is consistantly great and we love the large outdoor patio. The wine list is good too.

Reviewed March 28, 2009

I had a truly horrible dining experience at Pasta Piatti. I ordered the Balsamico salad. It was so overdressed with thick, almost gelatinous dressing. It was inedible. I had two or three bites before deciding to send it back (which I never do). At first the waitress was very gracious about it. When I got the bill, I noticed that I was charged for the salad. I asked to have it taken off the bill. At this point, a different server came to the table and very rudely said that he saw the salad and 3/4 of it were eaten. He was very rude, like a bully. I was very taken aback by his manner. I wasn't prepared to have an argument with this person. It was not a pleasant experience. The rest of what we ordered was terribly under-seasoned and average at best. I do NOT recommend this restaurant. BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!

4  Thank PortlandEbf
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Okay food that's not authentically italian. Decent prices, cafeteria-like atmosphere. Good salads. If you're looking for Italian, go to Macaroni's instead.

2  Thank AnonymousAshland_OR