“Another Impressive Visit”

Pasta Piatti
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2009

We finally had a chance to get back and visit all our favorite Ashland places. I want to give this restaurant kudos! We get up to Ashland a couple times a year and this is always one of our favorite stops. For a casual night out in Ashland we have always found the service to be extremely friendly and fun! The food is consistantly great and we love the large outdoor patio. The wine list is good too.

Reviewed March 28, 2009

I had a truly horrible dining experience at Pasta Piatti. I ordered the Balsamico salad. It was so overdressed with thick, almost gelatinous dressing. It was inedible. I had two or three bites before deciding to send it back (which I never do). At first the waitress was very gracious about it. When I got the bill, I noticed that I was charged for the salad. I asked to have it taken off the bill. At this point, a different server came to the table and very rudely said that he saw the salad and 3/4 of it were eaten. He was very rude, like a bully. I was very taken aback by his manner. I wasn't prepared to have an argument with this person. It was not a pleasant experience. The rest of what we ordered was terribly under-seasoned and average at best. I do NOT recommend this restaurant. BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!

4  Thank PortlandEbf
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Okay food that's not authentically italian. Decent prices, cafeteria-like atmosphere. Good salads. If you're looking for Italian, go to Macaroni's instead.

2  Thank AnonymousAshland_OR
Reviewed February 16, 2009

First, the positive news. The Gemmelli is still delicious. But having enjoyed good service at Pasta Piatti many times, we were disappointed last night. We took out of town friends and, at least, we all had a good laugh. The server affected a forced and false cheerfulness and seemed to perceive his primary role as impressing all that he was awfully busy. He took our wine order and promptly forgot about it. Twice. When the wine didn't show up after a reminder, my wife had to get up and find someone to bring it to the table. The wine did finally arrive - after we were through with our salads. Ah, that reminds me. The server was confused by the salad order. We knew it would take far too much effort to get this straightened out, so we enjoyed what we had. Finally, when we asked for butter, a small dish was delivered containing three wrapped pats. Actually, two were wrapped. One was wadded up after having been partially used, apparently by another patron who was kind enough to leave some for us, complete with a selection of embedded breadcrumbs.

This was not an impressive dining experience.

2  Thank AshlandResident
Reviewed July 26, 2008

We have dined here several times because it is one of my daughter's favorites (she lives in Ashland). We have always liked the food, the service has always been attentive and it's always possible to find a reasonably-priced wine that compliments the meal. Cute decor and convenient location. I recommend it!