“Italian food done right in Oregon”
Review of Pasta Piatti - CLOSED

Pasta Piatti
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sacramento
“Italian food done right in Oregon”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Found this restaurant online and decided to try it out because reviews were pretty good. The restaurant had a very intimate feel, yet it was casual. May I say that we had such great service from our waiter/manager, I think it made the food that much better. He was very helpful in describing menu items and giving us a great intro to Ashland.

Now if you've read some of my reviews, when I go to a new restaurant, I always like to try a little bit of each course if I can. Since I love crab cakes, I had to start with that. Our waiter/manager mentioned I would get a kick out of the salad beneath the crab cakes. He was right, I was stumped. Later in the evening, I tried to guess that this stringing part of the salad was jicama. Wrong, it was pear. I would have never guessed that. Very fresh, very delicious and very creative.

Entrees: I had the Lobster Risotto. So good and filling that I couldn't even finish it. My husband had the Grilled Rib-eye. He can never pass a steak and I can never go without tasting a piece off his plate. It was perfect and flavorful. My 4yr old had the kid's Margherita Pizza. He was curious of the basil but we simple put it to the other side of the "pie" so that me and my husband can give it a try. That too was delicious.

Dessert: My son had a scoop of vanilla and I tried the Chocolate cake with Espresso ice cream. I usually would have the creme brulee or tiramisu but that Espresso ice cream was calling my name. If you want to know how good it was, I'll tell it to you like this...my husband is not a dessert person but once he had a taste, he wanted more.

Summary: A very inviting and comfortable restaurant. Very, very friendly service. Excellent food and a good price. We will return if there is another business trip to this town.

• Visited May 2013

Kenwood, California
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Really great menu. The food is organically fresh and perfectly prepared. The service was a delight. This is where many locals get together to enjoy the great food.

• Visited May 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Highly recommended, so so delivery 3.5 dots”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Several people we talked to during our visit to Ashland said that Pasta Piatti was great and well worth trying. We also stopped by to look at the menu from the window and a very helpful hostess came out to talk to us and help. We stopped by and were seated right away on a Friday night. We brought our own bottle of Dolcetto to compliment the meal. We opted for a Chicken Parm, the Lasagne and pasta with clams. The salads were good, though over dressed. The chicken parm was the big winner. The chicken was lightly breaded and delicious, but the pasta was way over sauced. The clam dish was fine, but swimming in sauce. The Lasagne was pretty mushroom heavy, though pretty good. Nothing better that good Italian, but a much better way is smaller, filling flavorful dishes, not the Olive Garden version of huge portions and tons of bread. Our server did a decent job although it was rather perplexing that we were sitting and enjoying the last of our wine after paying and we saw our server leaving. Granted, we had paid, but it seemed bad form to just leave without giving us over to someone else in case we wanted something else. I liked Pasta Piatti well enough, but there are many options in Ashland.

• Visited April 2013
Petersburg, Alaska
“Great food, god service”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had the eggplant Parmesan and the wild mushroom risotto. Both had excellent flavors. The one quibble I had was that the risotto rice was softer than al dente. The service was prompt and quick. We finished the meal with an excellent, rich chocolate cake. The prices seem reasonable, IMO, for the quality and quantity.

Visited April 2013
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have gone here every trip we have taken to Ashland and have never had a bad meal here. The food is hearty and plentiful and the service is great. we always look forward to going to Pasta Piatti.

• Visited March 2013